Has anyone lost a timing belt on VG33 due to age?

The reason I am asking is because the previous owner changed the timing belt in 2004 at 100,000 miles, but I am only at 165,000 miles currently twenty years later.  According to manual the timing belt should be changed every 105,000, so according to that I still have 40,000 miles to go.  Nothing is mentioned about age of the belt in the manual, however, and it has me wondering.

I have never found a timing belt time interval from Nissan, but it looks like other manufacturers spec less than ten years (some as low as five). Probably best to swap that belt out before it realizes that 2004 was 20 years ago.

• Like 1

I’m in the same boat.  I did it in 2006, but now 18 years later I’ve only added 85k miles.  I just realized the other day that it’s prob been too much time, even if I’m still within mileage. 

• 1 month later...

Update, I had the timing belt replaced and it still looked good after 20 years according to the mechanic.  He also said that he prayed the whole time that he would not bust any of the bolts, they were PITA to remove.

• Like 1