Which ECM do I buy?

JackD

Hello all, 

I have a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder and unfortunately my idle control valve went bad and blew out my ECM. I would like to purchase a new one and have found quite a few on eBay, but they all have different serial numbers and I am not sure how to determine which to purchase. 

Has anyone replaced their ECM before that can help me out with this problem? Thanks in advance. 

I think I remember someone sending theirs in to have the mosfet for the IAC replaced. I imagine anyone who can do surface-mount circuit board repairs could do it, if you can track down the specs for the part.

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Out of stock at Digikey too, but there are still some on eBay. At least it's a through-hole component! Much easier to solder than the surface-mount I assumed it was.

Yes and at least this way he can avoid having to replace the entire ECU and then having to get it reprogrammed to his R50!

Chris.

Thank you for your help! I ended up finding a whole new used ECM, installing this week along with the new idle control valve. Thanks again.