What the...?

jj big shoe

He he, I can't imagine the engine he swapped in to turn those monstrous tires.

maybe it doesn't turn? jeeze, seriously though, i've always wondered what they have to do to those to make them turn... or even move. Surely they dont have little V6's in em. I guess will really low gearing it would work.. but even then.

I guess he installed those tires just to make a pic and shock people who see this photo in the internet ))))))

Seriously, I also wonder how this car manages to turn the tires... maybe special transmission, etc.

I know they can do it, and some people run them like that as a daily driver... hell i've seen one or two around here with 39's or bigger once or twice. But i'm still baffled as to how you'd power the thing. Its too common to see those for it to be a 350 swap.... i dont think it would fit anyway.... well within a reasonable amount of time, money, and practicality.

Maybe the little motor is torquey (or there are some GOOD mods) and they reduce the gearing ? Maybe a good swap donor for running gear, tranny or even motor (some combo) ? I have seen a few like that (not as tall) around here, but never seen one go fast...

B

I think this is his sig on pirate4x4.com and it looks like he swapped in a 302.

Zukirick

87 zuk 5:13's, missing link w/yjs front and rear,rancho 9012, 9010, 4whl disc, weber, NO LIMITS OFFROAD cage , bumpers

88 zuk 302, np205, 4spd, corp14,44 boggers

That thing would be fun! Went out for a quick hop on some local power line trails with my dad last weekend. He's got a '54 Willys Jeep with a 327 and 35's. Not exactly a monster like that, but it feels like a freakin monster truck go-cart compared to the Pathy. Short wheelbase + big tires= whoooo-ha!