EASY 94 pathfinder bolt up and go engine swap???

Looking to replace my motor in my 94 pathfinder with another identical motor or something super easy to install without any headaches or digging into my already broke shallow pockets... Someone please 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏  help me...... CHEAPEST....... ...CHEAPEST...... CHEAPEST...... PLEASE.

I think the best thing you can do, and cheapest, is to fix what you have unless you have something like a wiped crank from lack of oil. There are VG33 swaps that you can do, and some that bolt right in with little to no changes, but you must first find a donor. There are threads somewhere in here that discuss that. None of these options are cheap cheap. Maintaining a 30yo vehicle never is. I think I spent close to $700 when I went through the top end because of a bad head gasket (Between Gaskets, Seals, Machining, etc...). Certainly cheaper than a vehicle payment. It really all depends on your budget, your capabilities/resources, and if you should keep hanging on to this vehicle. Some things aren't worth the powder to blow them up.

Yep, cheapest will likely be fixing the existing VG30, unless it's well and truly buggered. Second cheapest would be replacing it with a VG30 that isn't blown up. Third, and the only cheap upgrade, is the VG33 swap. 

If you're looking for a direct-fit, exact same engine, you'll find it in a mid '93-'95 WD21 Pathfinder or D21 Hardbody truck. If yours is 4WD, the donor should be too. There are a lot of four-cylinder D21s out there, obviously that won't work. '90-early '93 have the same engine, but with square-tooth timing belt sprockets. '87-'89 have different fuel injection. If your truck has California emissions, you may need to salvage the EGR valve off the old engine, as I don't think the federal version ever got the valve with the temperature sensor that the California-spec computer expects to see.

Unless you're sure the replacement engine had its timing belt recently, plan on doing that before it goes in. It's doable in the car, but I'll bet it's easier on a hoist or engine stand. If the timing belt slips, valves and pistons have a party and you're back where you started.

• Like 1

As the others mentioned a VG30E will be the cheapest. That said a VG33E will swap in and will work without the crank adapter mentioned above. If you manage to get a Frontier or Xterra VG33E you only have to worry about swapping lines for the SC. The rest bolts right up.