straight forward lifts

I've been on the forums for a long while and I still don't fully understand the R50 suspension. I have an 04 with on the fly 4WD that hardly gets used (Kansas 🙄) I looked into the LR springs and settled on the LR 9446 for the rear. If I do that, what else do I need? I would like to go with a slightly larger lift in the front to give it a "leveled" look. I don't know anything about shocks and even less about the front suspension. I'm trying not to go wild on the cost, but I'm guessing that it's inevitable, so that's that. I know my suspension is already going because I'm rubbing with 245/65/17s on 17x9s.  The simplest solution is for someone to send me their favorite 3-inch rear and 3.5/4-font lift. Sorry if I'm sounding picky, just frustrated trying to find a solution.

IMG_5140 (1) (1) (1).jpg

You can only reliably lift the front about 2” with only coil springs. You can also use strut spacers, which can potentially risk cv joint breakage on extreme terrain. For a higher lift, you need to install drop brackets/spacers between the main chassis and the IFS subframe/engine cradle, along with appropriately fabricated strut spacers which complement the drop brackets. This type of IFS lift for the R50 platform is referred to as a subframe drop or SFD. Other mods needed for a SFD lift are longer brake lines and a steering shaft extension. A reinforcement bar sometimes referred to as a “missing link” is also recommended. This bar installs between the left and right front lower control arms’ rear mounts to enhance the strength of the suspension system. A full SFD front lift can easily exceed $1000

The most reliable suspension lift that fits 32” diameter tires and doesn’t require sheet metal trimming is a 2” coil spring lift, using stock front struts such as KYB excel-G (or even your current ones if they’re still in good condition), and longer rear shocks such as Bilstein 33-185552.