A_L_I_G_N_E_D

gardoni

Didn't feel like I was geting anywhere with the place I bought my Superlift UCAs from or Superlift for that matter, so I ordered the Calmini arms and springs- what the hell, right?

While it took Calmini a full 2 weeks to ship my order once I placed it, I got the UCAs and springs on Thursday. Everything got installed last night and this AM and I was finally able to get it aligned properly and I am downright giddy. -bounce- Rides a hell of a lot nicer than the Superlifts which were cranked REAL close to the bump stops. Here's a pic or 2.

PostLift05062005.jpg

PostLift205062005.jpg

Measuring from the ground to the top of the fender flare:

Before Front: 31" After Front: 33-7/8"

Before Rear: 32" After Rear: 34-1/2"

Some install notes on the Calmini stuff...

The inner washers on the fulcrum arm were too large to fit through the holes on the UCAs, so I had to grind one of them down (per UCA) to get them to install. Not a big deal, but with the front end ripped apart, I couldn't run out to the hardware store. About 5 minutes with a 4-1/2" angle grinder did the trick. If you're installing these you might want to check ahead of time and maybe buy some replacements you know will fit.

I'm running Pro Comp 3000 shocks and there's almost no clearance for the UCAs- the shock just clears the opening. Don't think this is really a problem, but it might be for other shocks?? :shrug:

I couldn't get the rear coils in without spring compressers. Unfortunately the biggest socket I had wasn't big enough to use with the compressers so I had to tighten and loosen all with a crescent wrench :angry: . A PAIN, but easily avoidable.

Have fun out there.

-Gardoni

Hey Gardoni, looks real nice... I have the JGC springs and front end cranked to 3/4" from the stock UCA to bumpstop and you have an inch or two on me... :D I am also running the pro comp 3000 shocks. What do you think of them ? I think they are great in the front, but seem stiff in the rear. The A$$ end hops if I hit a square bump at speed and seems harsh, but I have not been able to test it off road yet. I literally filled the tank today (from almost empty) to see if a little weight makes a difference; only drove 3 block, too early to tell.

Bernard

Congrats man, good to hear things are finally looking up for your lift. I assume you'd highly recommend the Calmini's over the rest. This sucks in that I'm already spending $1500+ on the Acura this month and have sold and am moving out of my home. Anybody got a cot they'd let me lay my self on for a month or 2? :P After that, I hope to join you in the over-built front end ranks.

Hey Mr P, I bet my land lady would let ya pitch a tent on the property; just find a spot between the dog crap.... The terrier will piss on the tent, but he doesn't have much of a bladder, so no worries. Ya can use my shower and kitchen, np. Don't mind the drug addict son though, he'll be back in jail soon... Yeah, I'm planning on moving soon myself... Did I mention a baby oppossum just walked up to my desk ? WTF ?? He is happy in a paper bag with some cat food right now... If I wrote a book, no one would believe it... I know where I started with this, but it seems to be deteriorating...

B

Hey Mr P, I bet my land lady would let ya pitch a tent on the property; just find a spot between the dog crap.... The terrier will piss on the tent, but he doesn't have much of a bladder, so no worries. Ya can use my shower and kitchen, np. Don't mind the drug addict son though, he'll be back in jail soon... Yeah, I'm planning on moving soon myself... Did I mention a baby oppossum just walked up to my desk ? WTF ?? He is happy in a paper bag with some cat food right now... If I wrote a book, no one would believe it... I know where I started with this, but it seems to be deteriorating...

B

Um, yeah, um, no. This is why my new home shall have land/boundaries/necessary armaments to "discourage" those who wish to test me. :) This whole townhouse BS was an ill-fated experiment for sure.

But back to Gardoni please. How are things working out?! I was thinking about the Superlift A-arms, but now you have me thinking. Who knows, maybe its time for Calmini land. Do you have any end of the road response, or especially wheeling experience on the new setup?

Running out of town this AM for the weekend (taking my wife's turbo bug) so I won't have any great wheeling stories until next week at best... Just running around town last night I was pleased with the ride. The JGC springs I had used didn't give me ANY lift and were super stiff- too much for my taste. So far, I think the Calmini stuff rides pretty nice.

Thoughts on the Superlift arms-

I STILL think they are the wrong part, but with no # stamped into them I can't really tell. I'm seriously considering shipping them to Superlift for identification. Otherwise I can't even sell 'em on eBay in good conscience. Mr. Pickles- you are welcome to try them in your rig. If they work, we can work something out on payment.

Thanks to JJ and 88 for their help with the bizarre alignment stuff.

-Gardoni

:clap: glad it all worked out! Let us know how they feel after a few good wheeling and road miles. I think I will just hold out for teh Calmini stuff. I already did teh JGC rear thang..and it's wicked good.