Moog stabilizer links K08435

lr08

While replacing my rear suspension (stock height), I noticed that the Moog sway bar links had incorrect top nuts. I called Moog to verify, and the tech said it looks like they are all shipping with the wrong thread. The correct thread should be M10x1.25 lock nut, and the one that came in mine were M10x1.5. I was able to find the right lock nuts at the local hardware store, and the tech also said that either the nylon lock nuts or the thread-deforming type will work. Just wanted to put this out there in case it saves anyone some time. 

1998 Pathfinder SE 4x4 

• Like 1

Ir08, hey at least it was a simple fix, but I would never recommend using Moog products as they have been known to have fitment issues too, just saying.

Chris.

Edited by CamperDan

Good to know! The bushings are dome shaped, rather than the stock rubber cylinder-shaped ones. I'll put them on in a few days, still waiting for some hardware to arrive. I'll report back how they perform, although they won't get much of a stress test with my on-road driving habits. Love your yt vids by the way.

As an R50 owner, we are always looking at things not so much for what they are but for what they can be, which makes the rig a bit more fun to work on. It would be nice to see how things hold up. I do appreciate your views and support. Thanks again👨🏾‍🔧

Chris.