Time to COMPLAIN about forum members

lgranch

I joined this forum many moons ago because the members really discussed meaty subjects regarding Pathy performance and problems. Guys like Mookie, 88pathfinder, and Mr Jim were the backbone of the group and a constant source of good solid data for the advancement of Pathys. I know the Pathfinder has aged and the new one is now is just a shadow of the early models, but they still are out there and still are viable.

Most of the chatter is from Newbies who are looking for help. That is just fine. It was the thing that atracted me, people helping. But almost no one follow up with data or fixes that worked or didn't work. Recently a member said he got his frame fix cheap, he was asked for pics and details, no reply. This is the latest pathy problem and data is good. This non responce is happened almost every day and we are all poorer for it. Some questions never even get a responce from anyone, even the though the issue is simple.

Is this forum just becoming a social club??? :oops:

Now now, you can't count on everyone to have the time, inclination, and tools to make such response posts. Some people simply don't have a digital camera or a way to post pics. Just calm down, don't worry about it. If it happens, it happens.

And here I was thinking that the old one was a shadow of the new one. Silly me - :hide:

Anyway, with all the advice I have received, I made a suspension decision and I'll make sure I post a write-up of the before and after feel, as well as the other relevant details such as ride height and overall comfort.

I decided to go with:

KYB GR2 Struts

Old Man Emu Springs

Old Man Emu Shocks

Nissan Bearings

Stock/Existing Mounting Plates

I intend to keep my word so look for a write-up next week.

I asked if anyone wanted a write up or pics on my stuff..but 88 beat me to it......

I have pics up teh ying yang when I pulled the motor.....

I joined this forum many moons ago because the members really discussed meaty subjects regarding Pathy performance and problems. Guys like Mookie, 88pathfinder, and Mr Jim were the backbone of the group and a constant source of good solid data for the advancement of Pathys. I know the Pathfinder has aged and the new one is now is just a shadow of the early models, but they still are out there and still are viable.

Most of the chatter is from Newbies who are looking for help. That is just fine. It was the thing that atracted me, people helping. But almost no one follow up with data or fixes that worked or didn't work. Recently a member said he got his frame fix cheap, he was asked for pics and details, no reply. This is the latest pathy problem and data is good. This non responce is happened almost every day and we are all poorer for it. Some questions never even get a responce from anyone, even the though the issue is simple.

Is this forum just becoming a social club??? :oops:

bigcry.gif oh cry me a river... bigcry.gif

bsflag.gif

And here I was thinking that the old one was a shadow of the new one. Silly me - :hide:

Anyway, with all the advice I have received, I made a suspension decision and I'll make sure I post a write-up of the before and after feel, as well as the other relevant details such as ride height and overall comfort.

I decided to go with:

KYB GR2 Struts

Old Man Emu Springs

Old Man Emu Shocks

Nissan Bearings

Stock/Existing Mounting Plates

I intend to keep my word so look for a write-up next week.

He is correct. The new Pathies aren't half the car the old ones are.

Well I got the mixed reaction that I thought I would get. BTW does anyone know where Mookie got off to. That guy had some radical mods that he could build. :secret:

The problem that I have is that my whole life has been and is tech. Many of you young guys still have a life and there still is a social part. Good for you. When you get to be over 50 maybe you won't have a life either.

lgranch: You're a funny guy- maybe without intending to be :D

Yeah, but many of us (and I'm not that young) do a lot of stuff besides mess with the Pathy. We have women to deal with/find, dogs to walk, mountain bikes to ride, friends to meet, mountains to explore, and rocks to climb. However, we still do appreciate the advice and guidance we get here as much as anyone else.

He is correct. The new Pathies aren't half the car the old ones are.

Thats cuz theyre a TRUCK not a CAR ;)

anywho - I do appreciate being able to get info about my truck here...

-bounce-

I'm around! The last 8-10 months have been extremely busy for me with work. I managed to pop in and do some quick reading, but not much posting. Looks like things are somewhat back to "normal" at work...fingers crossed, so you'll see me around. :beer:

I have sat in the shadows, wether it was a new pathy or old in the shadows, and i try not to have diarrhea of the mouth, but, if this were not social and technical i for one would not have joind.

in the world there are many many people that are diverse and different and to a degree all of us want to be different, but i really enjoy talking here to people that i at least percieve that are nearly the same as me...its nice having a place to be at your own leasure with no expectations that you can talk about a truck and even other things that you love

and indeed i too am really busy with 2 jobs a wife and a three year old. for sure if the post time thingy were accurate then you would note that all my post times are either in the early morning or late late late in the evening P...P...P...:blink:

Edited by 98silverpathy