o2 sensor removal socket

vanuatoo

12 hours ago, vanuatoo said:

I need to replace Bank 2 Sensor 1. Which o2 socket would you recommend? There are many choices on Amazon.

I recommend renting a kit from a local auto parts store if you have no long-term need for them. Just be sure to check how much time they allow for loaning-out. 

Beyond that, if really wanting to own a kit, get something with a variety since each sensor takes a little different effort to remove. B2S1 should be fairly easy to access. B1S1 is the pain. Both S2 are easy access. 

39 minutes ago, hawairish said:

I recommend renting a kit from a local auto parts store if you have no long-term need for them. Just be sure to check how much time they allow for loaning-out. 

Beyond that, if really wanting to own a kit, get something with a variety since each sensor takes a little different effort to remove. B2S1 should be fairly easy to access. B1S1 is the pain. Both S2 are easy access. 

Do I understand right that B2 is the driver side?

Bank 1 is usually determined by the location of cylinder 1. Sensor 1 is Pre-catalytic and sensor 2 is after. I just took an old socket and cut a notch out of the side, and filed down the edge.

EDIT: NO IM WRONG. it is bank 2 on the VQ but its still determined by the 1st cylinder

Edited by Strato_54
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, vanuatoo said:

Gotcha.  Sorry, was browsing from the mobile site and couldn't see your location or truck.

That kit looks suitable; looks fairly identical to the set I rented a few months ago.  The straight socket is great for the lowers, while the crowfoot ones more suitable for the uppers due to working space. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have an O2 sensor that flags the Service Engine Soon. More of a nuiance but..when I asked at the dealer in passing they said that the ECU would need to be updated since the software was not compatible to the new sensors.  I have yet to do it then.  However I am restoring my Pathfinder and am intersted if you have replaced your sensors yet.