95 Pathfinder Lost door unlocker

Burco

My "new" 95 Pathfinder came without a remote fob. Can I replace it or am I going to have to install an aftermarket unlocker/locker. Has anyone done this? I have done it on cars that came with no remote at all.

If you can find a replacement remote, then yes, you can program it in. The alarm/keyless entry brain is under the driver's seat. It's the square one with the hole in the middle, which may still be hidden by a sticker if nobody's been in there yet. Under that hole, there's a square button. Turn the key switch on, then off. Press and hold the button on the brain. The siren will make four single blips, then five in a row. Release the button and it'll beep again, prompting you to press the large button on the remote. When it beeps again, press the button on your second remote, if you have one. It's got four memory slots and the TSB recommends filling them all for some reason, even if that means programming one or two remotes multiple times. When all four slots are filled, turn the key switch on and off again. Then try locking and unlocking the doors from the remote to see if it worked.

If you want the full instructions and a circuit diagram, track down NTB93-036. I think I downloaded it off Nicoclub a while back. If you don't find one, message me and I'll shoot you a link through Dropbox. 

That said, you might be happier with a modern system. I deleted the alarm brain from mine because I was tired of accidentally setting it off, and later removed the wiring harness as well because a loose connection somewhere was playing silly buggers with my starter circuit. The alarm system on these was a port-installed afterthought, so it's pretty easy to remove.

• Like 1