Can anyone help with this tick? (video)

Shift_Path90

On 12/3/2020 at 11:16 AM, Shift_Path90 said:

The drivers side valve cover is leaking, so I may get into that, but it looks to be quite a bit more involved with that plenum removal.  On the other hand it may make installing the Doug Thorley headers a little easier.

Taking off the air plenum, for me, was a challenge. If you've never done it before, just take a day to do it. It's not as easy as it looks. The coolant lines are an absolute PITA!!

That sounds alot like what happened to my engine - the ticking, not the secondary noise I hear. I was told probably lifters but when we got in we found 5 screws on the power valve missing & one of the butterfly valves had somehow ended up on top of another. Unfortunately, by this point they had pulled everything apart. The shop couldn’t find any of the screws & was hesitant to put it back together as we couldn’t say for sure we had fixed the problem. Ultimately, we put a JDM engine in as it was only $1,000. The whole experience was costly & traumatic. I wish I had pulled apart the intake & had it fixed & put back together first as I suspect my noise might have been that loose butterfly valve - sadly, it was at a shop & they had pulled everything apart so we were too deep into it to unwind easily. Huge regret on my part - plus, F Nissan for not notifying owners about the power valve problem-especially when they compensated CA owners & sent out TBs on Altimas & Sentras with the same problem.