Cargo/Passenger Divider

Trainman

Any one have any ideas for a decent divider between the passenger and cargo compartments? :confused: The pet dividers that you can buy at places like Canadian Tire do not seem sturdy enough to hold much back in the case of an accident and I have quite a bit of heavy stuff in the back, especially this time of year now that we are into fire season (piss can (empty right now), fire shovel etc) along with my usual bush stuff I pack all year.

If you're handy with a welder, you could build a frame that bolts to the floor and use expanded or perforated metal for the screening. You might be able to do the same thing using nuts & bolts and a drill instead of a welder.

There might be some pre-manufactured dividers that would work for your application, too. Check with suppliers that deal with more industrial-type of applications like service vans and tow trucks, see what they have.

If you're not familiar with what expanded metal is, click here.

Edited by jj big shoe

• 2 months later...

Well, here is an update as to what I ended up doing. Thanks for all the helpful input.

Looked at the net, it would be over $300 landed in Canada, so I looked for other options.

Found a decent steel divider meant for pets (from Canadian Tire for $99).

Here it is after the initial install:

Rack2_1.jpg

Realized that the lower feet could kick out easily so added a floor with holes that the feet go into (the 2x2 is for the piss can I need to carry during fire season):

Rack4withfloor_1.jpg

And here it is with all the stuff I need to carry:

Rackfinished_1.jpg