MPG for your Pathy?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. MPG for your Pathy?

• 10 or less
    • 10-12
    • 12-15
    • 15-17
    • 17 or higher

On a recent trip I only used 2.1 gallons of Chevron 92 on a 75 mile stretch of highway north of Seattle (35 mpg). I topped off just before getting on the highway and again right after I got off. I thought I was getting good mileage because the needle was barely below full, but not that good. I averaged 19 mpg the rest of the 300 mile trip which included some mountain road driving and traffic on the way home.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 87 has been averaging about 12 MPG in the city, and about 15 MPG in higways, is that too much or is it normal?

Too much is NEVER enough when it comes to gas mileage! lol. Bout average

So basicaly I'm running about average gas mileage at 17 mpg and I've got 400,000km on my rig. This equals 250,000 miles. A barrel of crude makes aprox. 19.5 gallons of gas. If my calculations are right..........that's aprox. 756.9 barrels of crude -alcohol- :dance: WOW!

Yes I do have to much time on my hands :beer:

Denis

I have a '92 PF. The mileage varies from 14-22 mpg.

If my wife drives it to her work (more city driving), it gets around 15 MPG. If I drive it (mostly freeway), it can get 20 or more MPG.

My wife has heavier foot than mine...

I've just installed a lift on my truck....running 33" tires... will definitely decrease my average mileage at least 2 mpg.

Q2H

Edited by q2h

Just did a trip of 1,385 km.  Averaged 25.1 mpg (imperial gallons) for the entire trip.

A little more detail: No off road, about 90% over 60kph, rest in stop n' go city or stopped for highway improvements. Some very steep hills (8%) but mostly rolling terrain at 100kph. Used the cruise as much as possible, that seems to help a lot on my truck. No lift or super large tires. Based on this trip, I could get a little over 700 km per tank (435 miles) :aok: