Ipod Integration

Guest dssenglish

Guest dssenglish

I have a 97 Pathfinder with a bose stereo. I heard that you can integrate an ipod through the CD changer.

Does anyone have any information on this?

I was also wondering if there are inputs on the back of the stereo that an audio input could be plugged in, or if there are any other solutions.

FM modulators and tape deck converters don't work well enough. A solid connection is the way to go.

i just found out some require certain cables... my aux cables only play it out my front speakers and i have to use the ipod to change the songs and adjust the volume... the right cable is $119! thats crazy

you need 2 wires for about $300

Monster ICruze for the 98-02 PF:

Monster Performance Car™ FactoryLinx™ iCruze™ OEM/CD Changer Interface Module $249.95

Monster Performance Car™ FactoryLinx™ iCruze® Interface Module for iPod® $99.95

OPTIONAL iCruze ENHANCEMENTS

Monster Performance Car™ FactoryLinx™ iCruze™ LCD Display Module $99.95

TOTAL PRICE (required items): $349.90

TOTAL PRICE (with LCD Display): $449.85

http://www.monstercable.com/icruze/configurator/default.asp

$350 just to be able to play songs from my ipod in style, screw that, i ran an audio wire from my video 2 input on my in-dash screen and it works fine

I say that it should work. All they way up to the 2004 model. I'm guessing those intruments were released in 01/02 when the 02 Pathy was the latest model.

If you guys want to get really geeky with all this, head over to www.mp3car.com for their forums. They mostly deal with carputers but they might know some stuff about ipod integration as well.

Just an idea.

Guest dssenglish

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?request...68075b7107a95e6

This looks like a good solution. It is only $105. I think it just plugs into the back of the stereo head unit and turns the cd changer input to an aux input. It says that it is 98-04. I wonder why 96 an 97 are not included. From my understanding, the bose head unit is the same from 97-99. (this effects me becasue my pathy is a 97).

• 8 months later...
Guest toddv124

Hello all:

Finally, :beer: after waiting almost 6 months, it arrived today!. USASPEC makes an ipod intertface that works with my 98 se patty :cool2: It installs in a few minutes and is much needed music to my ears. So long cd's. I found it on two websites, cardomain.com and crutchfield.com. So, for my bose factory system it worked. even though it was not recommened for my model year. Later,

Todd :cool2:

Here's what I just got:

I can just plug the ipod to the A/V in

but currently I have it wired to Video 2

That's no good, no good at all :nono: those women are not wearing bikinis :beer: