hard choice

sniper15

if the stock JGC spriongs give you about a 3" lift, what's the lift if you buy the JGC-lift springs? Anyone done this?

When I went looking for JGC lift springs, I found springs that *I think* would lift a JGC front end by 3/4". I do not know how this translates to the back of a Pathy. I was thoroughly confused about "JGC lift spring". Even after you realize what JGC means, it can be difficult figuring out which vehicle the term "lift" is meant for. Maybe "Replacement JGC springs" would be a better title.

But, if your Pathy ends up too high, you can always cut the springs down some mroe. I can't get more than 2.5" total b/c of my shocks (RS 5000, 0-2.5" of lift).

I just asked this question in the garage pinned topic about spring options. 88 was guessing a 3" replacement JGC coil would lift a pathy 5-6". If you used those you'd probably have to lengthen the brake line, the panhard rod might need some modification, and some looong shocks. Since we're limited by how far the front can be lifted (about 3") anything more than that in the back would give a Pathy a pretty hodtrod stance.

I think you'll want to use the Rancho 9000's (or another 2.5"+ shock) in the back, or your rear articulation will suffer.

ok im ganna get he rancho 5000 but do i just need rear socks or both front and rear? and where can i get them real cheap?

I got my shocks at Kragen (rear only) for like $78.. tell them Summit have them for $75.. they have to price match...hehehehehe

I have stock front end and shocks. Works fine after a little torsion bar crank...

The Ford coils are much stiffer than the JGC coils. They're also shorter and will fall out of their socket if you flex the rear diff too far. The JGC coils or actual lift coils are really the best way to go.

Stock-size Rancho 5118 shocks will work with 2-3" of lift, but 5116 shocks would be better, they're a little bit longer. 5112's work with 4" or so of lift if I remember correctly.

I did mine yesterday. It was so easy that there really isn't anything worth mentioning. I did 6 full turns on each t-bar. The rear gave me ~3". Rides much stiffer, but not harsh. I would not want anything stiffer, so I recommend against the Ford springs.

Most notably, I get much less body roll in turns and it doesn't wollow through higher frequency highway bumps. I have ~60 miles with the lift now and am very happy.

The wierd thing is that the stock shocks were a little longer than the RS 5000s eye-to-eye, but I did not compare the stroke.

Guest packman5280

How I got my JGC coils:

Step 1: Register on JU (jeepsunlimited).

Post in the wanted section that you want stock coils from somebody's jeep after they lift it. This is usually just people's trash, and they let it go for cheap. I got mine for around $30 if I remember right. I got 3 replies too, so I could take my pick of the ones I wanted.

step 2: Never go back to JU.

yo 88 can u show me a link that has the right shocks and a good price?

I might not be 88 but I got 88 in my name. Go to www.summitracing.com and do a search for part number RAN-RS5116. Their price is $40.95 each for Rancho RS5000 size 5116.

i was looking up shocks and what found was that the rs5116 go up to 2inches of lift and the rs5118 shocks have2.5"of lift now 88 u told me that the rs 5116 were a lill bit longer then the rs5118?

ok im ganna get he rancho 5000 but do i just need rear socks or both front and rear?  and where can i get them real cheap?

I got my shocks at Kragen (rear only) for like $78.. tell them Summit have them for $75.. they have to price match...hehehehehe

I have stock front end and shocks. Works fine after a little torsion bar crank...

I'll just quote myself again as I guess you didn't see it the first time.. LOL -bounce-

Guest biggrey

try 4x4parts.com they have a body lift for around $130 when all said and done. i think you can get 2 or 3 inch kits i have the 3 on mine it works fine looks ok. just rember to disconnect everthing in the front from the body to the chasis if you have never done it before it can be tricky, but dont worry were here for yeah. and do only one side at a time. good luck

P.S. if you think it sucks its easy enough just take it off.Later.