Oil leak around spark plug?

So yesterday I gave the Q some love; belts, hoses, power valve screws, filters, VVT solenoid, plugs. When I pulled the #3 plug there was quite a bit of oil dripping from the threads. Plug was not fouled & no oil on the valve cover or coil. Where can it be leaking from, and I still have oil around the cooler, but I've already replaced it's O-rings. So I believe this is where my oil is going, but  ignorant as to where it could be coming from. Has anyone had anything similar?

There is a seal between the valve cover and the tube that the spark plug is in. That seal is known to leak. If you have the aluminum valve covers, then the seals are replaceable. If you have the plastic covers, then the cover needs to be replaced since the seals are not replaceable in them. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Reverse said:

There is a seal between the valve cover and the tube that the spark plug is in. That seal is known to leak. If you have the aluminum valve covers, then the seals are replaceable. If you have the plastic covers, then the cover needs to be replaced since the seals are not replaceable in them. 

Yes, mine are plastic, bummer...

I'll start looking, that's better than having to go into the engine or head, I guess?

Thanks for your help.

I don't think you'll find any reasonably priced valve covers online. If you do, please let us know your source. If you don't find any replacements, 2001 R50's have aluminum valve covers. Something to consider if you don't mind foolin' around in a junk yard. Another option is to try using RTV silicone around the spark plug seals. It's not a guarantee but it might just work. 

• Thanks 1