Front-end Cluncking & Creaking

94 Pathy

:angry:

Alright everyone! I've searched and did what I could do with what I found and nothing is helping........After I got my alignment done after liftingthe Pathy, I have a cluncking and crunching sound coming from the passenger side front. I've tried tightening all the steering links and the lower control arm bolts and every bolt near and suspension and steering components. I still have the inner half shaft that has about an 1/8" of play, unlike the driver's side which is tight. That's not the problem, it's something else. I was in hopes for some insite from you all before I take it too the shop. :sniff:

I was thinking it might be some of the steering components and they might be corrected by replacing all the rubber bushings and groumets. Would that be a possibility? I guess it wont hurt to replace them all anyway.

Thanks in advance for all your imput! :beer:

I lifted the truck and took the tires off. The bj's/trods/and steering linkages are all in tack and tight. I tightened the nuts on the spindles for the uca's and sprayed the hell out of everything with WD40. :shrug: Go figure, now the truck is squeeking like a mother. I think it is from tightening the spindle nuts too tight. I'm going to loosen a little and see what happens.

For some odd reason, I can't download a pic for everyone to see, but I was wondering if there is suppose to be a outer boot or sleeve for the outer half shaft? I noticed one on the drivers side, but not the passenger's and that is the side that is clanging from the shaft bouncing....it's not that bad, but the clanging is driving me :crazy:. Does anyone have any clue what something like that would run?

One more thing and I'll leave you'll alone......For those that know what a rock krusher bumper is for JEEP's are....I'm having one fabbed with a receiver hitch for my pathy. I'm hoping it'll be around $200 or less. From the sounds of things it's going to be. The guy has all the material just sitting in his shop and it sounds like something fun for him to do.....He and his father use to build tubular rollcages and chassis for stock cars....I'll keep everyone informed on the progress.

Thanks all! :beer: