New lift and tires!

Well, I bought a used set of 2" coil spacers and slapped on a set of 32's. I think I ended up going a little over 2" actually. The back doesnt look like it in the pics cause the trunk is kinda loaded down with a winch and such, so its usually a tad higher. Tires are 265/75/r16 Firestone Destination M/T's. The transformation is like night and day, both on the eyes and actual trail performance. The sidewall grip is great also. I love em! I feel like a total badass drivin down the road now, ha! And I get a lot more respect from the guys I wheel with now, since I'm doing the same and sometimes harder stuff than they are in their jeeps!

687560_105_full.jpg

687560_106_full.jpg

687560_107_full.jpg

687560_108_full.jpg

Nice truck, man! Do you have any rubbing problems with those tires?

Do you find a noticeable improvement in articulation with the swaybar disconnected? I've never disconnected mine and it doesn't seem to make much difference either way. I've removed the front swaybar on my truck, and that makes a HUGE difference off-road.

Ok, one at a time here. Lets see...

1. The lights are wired in through the gap in the trunk. I ran the wires over the weather stripping, so it seals around it when the trunk is closed. The power/relay box for my lighting controller is under my passenger seat, so the wires all go to there eventually. I grounded them to some bolt in the trunk, I'm not exactly sure which one.

2. thing hanging in the rear is the sway bar link. I guess my ziptie job didnt work out too well.

3. Yep, I'm doin a winch. I've had it for about a month, but can't mount it on the front yet. I went with the multi mount thing so I can use it in the rear also, which has already come in VERY handy once. A guy who owes me a favor makes custom bumpers for jeeps, and its going to make me a front hitch. Its just a matter of when he has time for me to come into the shop and get it all done. So I'm keeping the grille guard. They won't interfere with each other.

4. Yes there are rubbing problems. Plenty of them. The big one is with strut clearance. The guy at the tire place set the front wheels off camber a bit until I could get wheel spacers put on, and then bring it back in for re-alignment. So I put the spacers on today, and will take it back to the tire place tomorrow. Also, the front left tire rubs on the inside of the fender well when backing up and turning at the same time. But that's easily trimmed. Not a big deal at all.

6. As for the rear swaybar, it was a little hard to tell since I went from swaybar on and small tires to no swaybar with big tires and lift. So I saw a big difference in performance, but I really dont' think any of it was cause by having the swaybar disconnected. It is such a tiny little bar, and there is barely any difference in driving on the road without it which makes me think it barely does anything at all. I'm definitely going to reconnect it unless it proves to make a huge difference this weekend on the trail.

If you want a more protected way to run the lights for your roof, you can run them through the existing wiring harness boot. This might be too much trouble for you since you've already got something working, but it's just a tip for others.

http://www.xplorx4.com/Pathfinder/upgrades...ghts/wires2.jpg

(For some reason, this site capitalizes "Pathfinder". You'll have to change "Pathfinder" to all lowercase in the URL to see the image.

[edit: thanks Pezzy]

Edited by XPLORx4

XPLORx4: your link is being a jerk because the board automatically capitalizes Pathfinder... and your link spells it with a small p :)

Edited by Pezzy

Well, I wish I could give ya a better answer. But I found em in a for-sale ad on this board. Nick1716 was the guy that I got em from, maybe he could give you some more info on where to get some.

• 3 weeks later...