Hey All - new guy here

Spooled

I've been more of the sports car guy my whole life, but last year my friend let me borrow his lifted Jeep Wagoneer. I had an absolute blast driving that thing around, as it was soooo much different than what I was used to. Anyway, I'm a bonified Nissan nut. My current list includes a '90 300ZX Twin Turbo, '87 200SX SE-V6, '73 Datsun 240Z, '91 Maxima, and finally, I just picked up a '93 Pathfinder SE. I was at a wrecking yard here in Eugene, Oregon, picking up a part for my 200SX, when I noticed a pretty good condition green Pathfinder sitting there. I've been looking for a green 94 or 95 Pathfinder for quite some time, but nothing in the NorthWest goes for under $7000. Well, it was a '93, and the auto tranny had taken a dump. It won't engage into any gear at all. I picked it up for $3000 with a good transmission. The exterior is in excellent condition. No rust anywhere. The interior needs some cleaning, but the leather is in excellent condition - no rips in the driver's bolster even. I just finished doing a new timing belt, cam seals, water pump, etc. Had a Jim Wolf pop-charger for a Sentra SE-R laying around, and it is almost a direct bolt on to the stock Pathfinder MAF - just need to slot two of the MAF bolt holes a little bit. The motor has a pretty significant oil leak coming from somewhere below the heads. It's not the valve gaskets. I'm hoping it's not a leak from the pan, but oh well if it is. That's fixable. I've got the "new to me" auto trans now, so I'll be throwing that in this weekend, along with a new rear main seal. Anyway, I'm here just trying to seek some knowledge. I don't know much about this 4WD drive stuff, and taking a peak at the underside of the Pathfinder, there sure are a lot of extra bars and stuff under there. LOL Glad to find this site, I'll be searching around quite a bit.

Edited by Spooled

Welcome! There's a whole lot of knowledge floating around here. You'll be hooked.

A Nissan fanatic, eh? Maybe you could source me a clutch type LSD from a '87-'89 300ZX Turbo for $200 or so? I could use an LSD for the front of my Pathy.

A Nissan fanatic, eh? Maybe you could source me a clutch type LSD from a '87-'89 300ZX Turbo for $200 or so? I could use an LSD for the front of my Pathy.

LOL Everyone and their dog wants those Z31 clutch type LSD's. Very hard to come by, and those that have them want at least $500. I was trying to find one for my 200SX. I gave up and bought a Quaife instead. I'll keep my eyes open, and you might try Danny's Datsuns. He sometimes gets them in and sells them for a decent price. His website doesn't seem to be working at the moment, but if you do a Google search on Danny's Datsuns, his phone number and address are listed.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I can't wait to get the Pathy going!

LOL Everyone and their dog wants those Z31 clutch type LSD's. Very hard to come by, and those that have them want at least $500.

Yeah, I was hoping you might have had one lying around and felt generous. :P Oh, well, I'll just keep skulking around on ebay...thanks anyhow.

• 3 weeks later...