New tires/wheels flinging debris on side panels

Flyer

A couple of months ago, I bought some 16 inch black steel rockcrawler wheels and some Bridgestone Revo tires. I love the tires/wheels but they are a bit taller than stock and I think the wheels are backspaced a bit more. So, though they look and ride great, they are thowing fine road debris onto my side panels. I was washing my car and some of the debris had to be scraped off with my nail- the wash mitt was not removing it. I probably have to claybar the thing each time now.

Well, that is bothering me since the paint is so new and nice. Is there anything I can do like put on bigger mudflaps or something? If not, I'm probably going to sell the wheels/tires and go with tires that fit my stock 17 rims. The 17-inch stock rims limit my choices in tires but I can't stand the thought of all this road grime being imbedded in my clearcoat.

If I have to sell them, so be it. I'm moving from my house to an apartment in Colorado next month so storage space is going to become an issue anyway.

So, let me get this straight. You drive a truck, you knowingly put big, wide, off-road tires, on wider rims that stick out farther, you're on an off-road forum, and you're complaining about a little bit of dirt?

My tires stick out 2" from the fenders, I don't have flares, my truck is always caked in dirt, and I don't care.

Not to sound like an arse or anything, but jeez man, don't you think you're being a little sensitive?

So, let me get this straight. You drive a truck, you knowingly put big, wide, off-road tires, on wider rims that stick out farther, you're on an off-road forum, and you're complaining about a little bit of dirt?

My tires stick out 2" from the fenders, I don't have flares, my truck is always caked in dirt, and I don't care.

Not to sound like an arse or anything, but jeez man, don't you think you're being a little sensitive?

Well, it's not dirt or mud I'm complaining about. it's tiny specks of asphalt or something that doesn't come off after washing it- really well. It seems to be embedded in my clearcoat and YES, I suppose I am being a little sensitive. I'm picky that way and I'll try to do better because you probabaly have a point. In the meantime, I'll remain a bit sensitive -bounce-

Well, it's my only vehicle- it's not primarily a toy. I take clients and high-level execs out to lunch and stuff. The condition of my vehicle reflects on my level of professionalism. That's part of the reason I got a 2002 LE and not an older Pathy to just play with. I need a nice vehicle while not going overboard on the pose factor. Anyway, I see your point but I'm obviously failing to communicate mine. Anyone want to buy 16-inch steel wheels and AT Revo tires that have less than 2K miles on them? If so, make sure you live in CO cuz these will cost a furtune to ship :D

OHHHH! It's white...I get it now! White shows everything man...why'd you get white?

You can get some of that Teflon wax stuff and put a nice thick coat of it on....will shine up the truck real nice and should take care of most of your problems. Also, a bug and tar removing sponge might be one of the next things to try...

I'll look for fender flares again. I searched for an hour online yesterday with no luck. The tires are a little too tall so they rub when backing up and turning at the same time. I'm sure they reduce the clearance too but on top of that, they are now messing up my paint- no positives here- well, I take that back since the traction is awesome :D