2001 Pathfinder Drifting

Hey guys, I recently had my truck aligned. No play, no drift, take your hands off the wheel perfect. I put new front brake rotors and pads on and although it brakes great, it wanders all over. It isn't pulling left or right, it just feels loose and wants to drift and wander. Any ideas what it could be or suggestions what I need to do would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

Hey guys, I recently had my truck aligned. No play, no drift, take your hands off the wheel perfect. I put new front brake rotors and pads on and although it brakes great, it wanders all over. It isn't pulling left or right, it just feels loose and wants to drift and wander. Any ideas what it could be or suggestions what I need to do would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

Not enough preload on your bearings?

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

On all roads? The grooves in roads can cause that.

Low tire pressure, loose lug nuts, loose wheel bearings, dragging caliper.

Did you lube the bolts that the caliper slides on?

• Like 1

On all roads? The grooves in roads can cause that.

God damn hwy 90...worst grooving of any freeway ever. I was sure I was going to get pulled over for possible DUI when I first moved here because the lanes are so bad it causes major tracking of any and all tires.

Troubleshooting 101: find a nice smooth(fresh pavement if possible) ) piece of road & safely power stop. Determine your base line. Problem remains, jack it up and check for slop.

Dude, u gotta '01 like me. How many miles on it? I've got 208k miles on mine and ALL the wiggly bits need to be replaced. Does it feel like the ass end wants to guide the direction when stopping? THAT'S DEATH WOBBLE, I got that too. Upper/lower rear control arm bushings. Lots of threads on that, here.

Just did my 1st complete rear end swap on the $1K Pathy I bought to getme around while I "fix" Marvin. Did have help though. Do you have gearhead friends?

For me, I have a feeling fishing will take a back seat to Marvin's build this year. It's just what you have to deal with, with an almost 20y/o vehicle.

Cheers, V.

Yeah Bunchie, I've got 218k on mine. I replaced trailing arms and bushings upper and lower, front control arms, lower ball joints, tie rod ends, axles struts/springs, rotor/pads over the last year. I'm still pretty much a novice but I love working on it and love learning this stuff. I'm wondering about the wheel bearings. I'm wondering if I didn't get them tight enough or I guess it's "preload" ? I'm not sure. I just keep going on here and picking all your brains.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to get back after it but I'll wait until the temp outside isn't 120-which it was yesterday. effing ridiculous!!!