Body lift

Citron

Do the black plastic plugs in the floor pan need to come off for a body lift? If so, how do you get them off? I tried popping one off but cracked it. Are they retained by the head of the bolt or something?

Also, they seem to have some sort of paper gasket around them.

They're only there to cover the gap. They have to be removed in order to remove the bolt to replace it with the longer body lift bolt. I had a really hard time getting mine out as well and they all broke. I didn't bother trying to cover the whole back as I'll probably just cover it up with some gorilla tape when I remove the carpet to check seam seals and the back seat rust.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the link Red, I have actually had that thread open on my phone for a couple of weeks now. Great minds think alike 😀. Only read the first page though, so maybe someone covered my question in later pages.

Thanks RC. When I broke the chunk out of the first one, I decided to stop and make sure I was doing things correctly. I figured they would need to come off.

I pressure washed the under carriage today and sprayed some kroil on the bolts, will start the lift tomorrow. I bought a 2" lift from Macrow a few weeks ago.