Lego wheel years, differences?

9-30-16%20edited%20052_zpsp50vmbn1.jpg

I have a 1992 SE 5 speed manual. Do you know are the lego wheels different size/dimension/offset etc. from fronts to rears? My fronts have a different center part which says, "Automatic Free Running Hub" and the rears do not. My goal is to have a total of six wheels and tires all the same and the stock wheels and 31X10.5X15 tires are fine for me. I'm planning to add two legos to my original four so I will have two spares which I will rotate in. How would you rotate the two spares in and at what mileage? Also, which years had lego wheels stock and are there differences in fitment between these years. Thanks for the help/advice.

• Like 1

There are two different Lego wheels.

The early ones had mag or shank style lug nuts, later ones had hardened inserts that used standard taper lug nuts.

All center caps are interchangeable. They're all 15x7 and same offset.

Edited by PathyAndTheJets
  • Like 1

1987 Lego's have a sleeve or shoulder on the lug nut that fit into the rim-the only year for the wd21. All center caps have the same fit but changed design in 93

• Like 1

There are two different Lego wheels.

The early ones had mag or shank style lug nuts, later ones had hardened inserts that used standard taper lug nuts.

All center caps are interchangeable. They're all 15x7 and same offset.

1987 Lego's have a sleeve or shoulder on the lug nut that fit into the rim-the only year for the wd21. All center caps have the same fit but changed design in 93

Hey, I appreciate your input guys. I probably will not keep the center cover pieces on anyways. Thanks for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1992 SE 5 speed manual. Do you know are the lego wheels different size/dimension/offset etc. from fronts to rears? My fronts have a different center part which says, "Automatic Free Running Hub" and the rears do not. My goal is to have a total of six wheels and tires all the same and the stock wheels and 31X10.5X15 tires are fine for me. I'm planning to add two legos to my original four so I will have two spares which I will rotate in. How would you rotate the two spares in and at what mileage? Also, which years had lego wheels stock and are there differences in fitment between these years. Thanks for the help/advice.

This is due to the fact that your vehicle is four wheel drive. The rear wheels are directly driven by the engine, through the transmission and the transfer case, down the drive shaft and in to the rear differential and out to the hubs.

Since these particular vehicles are part time four wheel drive, the front wheels must be allowed to disconnect from the rest of the system. When you engage the transfer case by way of the lever next to the transmission shifter on the inside of the vehicle, it moves components inside the transfer case to send power through the front drive shaft, in to the front differential which then turns the front hubs allowing the Automatic Free Running Hub to engage and power the front wheels.

The wheel covers on the front have a hole in them as there is an optional OEM manual hub which need to be engaged by hand.

• Like 1