My suspension is dying.

Patrick

143,000 miles on the Pathfinder and its time for new shocks. Any recommendations? I don't need anything crazy, just suspension tough enough for the crappy Maine roads. Also I do alot of highway driving I'm sure OEM would cost a fortune....

I'm very happy with my new Monroe Sensa-Tracs. I have similar driving conditions. The Show-Me States' roads rank amoung the nation's worst. I did all four for less than $125. You're on the money regarding OEM shocks they are stupid expensive.

JMTC

Mike

Monroe, KYB, Bilstein, Rancho, Pro-Comp, Trailmaster and Rancho all make shocks for your vehicle...depends on what brand you like or stand behind and how you like your vehicle to ride. The off-road oriented shocks will make for a more bumpy ride, but will control hard hits better than Monroes or KYB GR-2's.

I had the one down from the Monroe sensa-tracs, and they were great..again..all 4 for under $125. Now I am running the Rancho 5000 series, which are great too.. slightly stiffer ride (I did the JGC coil install), and I paid $80 for the 2 ranchos.

Forget OEM... -bounce-