Doing a 4" SFD without much fab experience

SellOut

Ive been researching SFD's for about a month now and I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to do a 4" one in order to keep up with my friends in the desert, anyways, what parts/ tools am I actually going to need to do it? What can I fab up with a welder/angle grinder and what will i actually need to purchase? What will I need to extend and how would i go about that?

Thanks!

gonna need some 1/4" rectangle tubing, one piece of 1/4" thick 18" long X 4" tall X 2" wide. another piece that is 12" long X 4" tall X 4" wide. gonna need something to cut it ( i chose angle grinder). Gonna need a drill, gonna need a steering extension from woodward steering, Pm me if you want the blueprints.

• Like 1

In addition to what Johan has listed, you will need 4" strut spacers. You will want them to be cut at specific angles to maintain your camber alignment or you may have a really hard time getting correct camber.

It is recommended that you get new brake lines, but you can see if your current brake lines can handle 4 more inches of down travel. Off-hand I'm not sure if they might reach or if it's mandatory to get longer ones.

Also, Johan did not mention the rear suspension. You will obviously want 4" in the rear also. You can do this by getting rear springs for a Jeep XJ. Get XJ lift springs advertised as giving 3" lift. On the pathfinder, that gives you 4".

The springs will need a little bit cut off one end.

Then you will want longer travel shocks to go with that. Get rear shocks for an F-250. (off-hand I forget which model years).

You will probably need a longer rear brake line and will probably want a longer differential breather hose.

Then to finish off the rear lift, I recommend you build up a panhard bar drop backet to keep the rear suspension geometry correct.

• Like 1

In addition to what Johan has listed, you will need 4" strut spacers. You will want them to be cut at specific angles to maintain your camber alignment or you may have a really hard time getting correct camber.

It is recommended that you get new brake lines, but you can see if your current brake lines can handle 4 more inches of down travel. Off-hand I'm not sure if they might reach or if it's mandatory to get longer ones.

Also, Johan did not mention the rear suspension. You will obviously want 4" in the rear also. You can do this by getting rear springs for a Jeep XJ. Get XJ lift springs advertised as giving 3" lift. On the pathfinder, that gives you 4".

The springs will need a little bit cut off one end.

Then you will want longer travel shocks to go with that. Get rear shocks for an F-250. (off-hand I forget which model years).

You will probably need a longer rear brake line and will probably want a longer differential breather hose.

Then to finish off the rear lift, I recommend you build up a panhard bar drop backet to keep the rear suspension geometry correct.

Thank you for the help! An idea on the strut spacer... Why not just put an extension from the bottom of the strut to the knuckle? Maybe use 1x1 tube? I haven't seen it done but I don't have a reason to see why it wouldn't work

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk