New style H4 headlight plugs I found

ahardb0dy

I found these headlight plugs about a week ago online, made by Hella, they are unique as they have 3 spring loaded push button's that you press in than insert the stripped end of a the wire into each hole, the spring (powerful, I could hardly press the button in !), holds the wire in place.

I tried one inserting a 10 gauge wire into one opening, 10 gauge as that is what I rewired my headlights using for the high output bulbs and double relay, it works very good, I also put a bulb into it and it holds onto the bulb terminals very firmly.

They are made out of what looks like that Bakerlite plastic with a composite back ( looks like circuit board material)

Part number is - 001909001 ordered them from Summit Racing and there number is HLA-001909001 they cost $5.46 each

Pic's of the plug below:

Rear:

i41t1k.jpg

Front:

3166nf9.jpg

Side view showing thickness:

b47ubr.jpg

May install one tomorrow, will review them after

Don't know how they will handle the heat. I melted the stock plugs, the auto parts store replacements, than switched to ceramic, they all sucked, running 55/100 watt bulbs, all 10 gauge wiring with a double Dick Cepek (old) relay, grounds looped up to the radiator support, metal stripped secured with a nut and bolt.

Right now the pass. side I attached the wires directly to the bulb terminals using "j clips" and screws.

Time will tell on how these plugs hold up, may swap the pass. side for one of these new ones later.

Installed one yesterday on the pass. side, with a new bulb, the old bulb was still working but the ground terminal was very loose.

I'm using 10 gauge wire, the wire fits fine but it would probably be easier and more flexible with a smaller gauge.

Plug holds on to the bulb very well.

I don't run the high beams often so will keep an eye on the plug to see how it holds up

When I was searching for these online, they come up with different part numbers from quite a few manufacturers that I guess use them

Edited by ahardb0dy

• 3 weeks later...