BDS 2" Lift

micahfelker

I dont remember if the that portion had flats but it would make sense. Just a thought but maybe see if a local autoparts store has one in stock and run down to verify before tearing your rig apart.

The mount does have flats. You can pull the rod nut off while the truck is on the ground to check it out. The spring won't be going anywhere. If for some reason it's not seated, you might be able to pull/push the strut rod through, assuming the pressure doesn't move it through. If it's worn, doesn't really matter, but you do need to get it tightened to spec, which means you'll need a way to keep the rod from spinning.

Well I'll be tearing everything apart in order to move the bearings anyway. While everything is open I'll see if I'm correct about the mount needing to be replaced, and I can also further diagnose what might be causing the noise. Now I just need to wait until I have time to pull everything apart. Thanks for the help guys.

If the top hat's mounting hole is hogged out, the strut shaft will be allowed to move around in the hole when the suspension moves. This will cause popping/knocking sounds as well as wear out the threaded shaft. This happened to me a while back, and when I tried to remove the nut, the shaft sheared off with it, prompting replacement of both the top hat AND the strut.

Edited by XPLORx4

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know where the oil pressure sender/sensor is? I have the replacement part but I can't seem to find where it goes for my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk