mountian biking

blackpath94

yea i did, thats why i made the thread...lol

yea i know it is, but i dont know how bike-mechanical he is. i hat working on my derailler, takes for ever.

just find out how to do it all your slef, thats what i didm and i saved alot of money doing all of my own work, and i got to learn how to do it.

I'm fairly good with bikes. When I was in college I scraped together a few of the left over bikes in the dorm storage area and frankensteined a bike. I cut the crank portion off of one and bolted it in place of the handlebars on the second bike.

Took the rear tire from the other bike, ran a chain from the handlebar crank down to the front wheel. Blasted thing hauled arse when you were peddling with both hands and feet. Front wheel tended to wobble to much to peddle with at higher speeds though. Never really figured out the break handle placement either.

I have pictures, Just need to find a scanner.

Never taken a bike down to the frame, but I can tighten cables :-)

I work in the bike shop of an outdoor store (Hudson Trail Outfitters) -- been mt. biking for years. Ride a customized Fisher hard tail. Its sweet.

I jsut got my bike stolen last summer, and now I'm looking for areplacement for this summer coming up. Do you guys have any sugestions for a decent bike under $1000. BTW I don't care much for hardtail's.

I jsut got my bike stolen last summer, and now I'm looking for areplacement for this summer coming up. Do you guys have any sugestions for a decent bike under $1000. BTW I don't care much for hardtail's.

I can sell ya a Trek Fuel minus the front fork. And I could make a deal for one o my pathy brothers! Bike has some really sweet components on it.

This site has a ton of quality used bikes under the Buy&Sell thread. Most of them in Canada.

http://pinkbike.com/modules/news/

I like to ride...ride it all! I especially like long rides. 40-50 miles. Long enough so that you start to wonder why on earth you are doing it. I like hard tails because they are light and simple. And nimble. Trek Carbon. best bike I've ever owned.

Any other bike commuters out there??? With gas prices going up like they have been, warm weather is (almost here in NM) upon us, and seeing as how we all drive SUVs I would encourage everyone on this thread to at least try it. Makes it sooooo much easier to stay in shape if you don't have to scheudle a ride, you just commute.

I must admit, some places are easier than others. I was spoiled in Santa Barbara, with bike paths going anywhere I would want to go. Here in New Mexico the paths are sparse (lucky if you get a shoulder) the drivers don't like you, and we still have some snow and ice in the mountains. But the single track to work will thaw soon, and then the fun begins!

BTW- any northern NM mtb riders out there?

This will be my 11th year of racing. Expert DH. Plattekill NY, Diablo Park NJ, Snowshoe, Mt Snow... Can't get enough of it.

Me: Intense M1, Specialized Enduro.

My GF: IH SGS Pro, Specialized Epic. She has enough points to upgrade to pro xc, but broke (shattered) her femur in October so that will have to wait a bit. Happened racing DH in NY. Not fun.

Edited by Repack

I got a Fisher Wahoo a couple of months ago, and I love it. A few small changes and I'll be ready for RAGBRAI. Has anyone here ever ridden RAGBRAI in Iowa? It's a bike ride from the western side of Iowa to the eastern side of Iowa. This year they are expecting around 230,000 people. If anyone is interested check out www.ragbrai.org