Dodge Ram or Nissan Titan?

mudfinder

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, what's with the 4x2 trucks? :huh: You're gonna start a habit of settling for 2wheel drive, then spending cash down the road wishing your went for a 4x4. But, congrats!!! Sweet truck! :cool2: And kudos on keeping the Pathy. It will be a good trail rig and tinkering toy.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Congrats Mud !! I'm sure you will be happy with it. As for keeping the Pathy, well, it's payed and is a nice looking rig. Now you can play hard with it, and not worry and rush if it needs repairs... Obviously, post a pict of the new truck !!

B

i picked 4x2 because i'm not going to need it, i'm not going to 4wheel with that period. that's what the path is for. plus, 2wd is $3000, and i'm saving alot of money on the insurance. i'll put that money into the path. now i'll push the path way past it's limit. like i said earlier, i'm going to pick that beast up monday. it so better not be an XE i'll go insane!!! first thing i'll do is take a pic and post it up. when i test drove the titan this last time. boy that thing had balls. more than the hemi! Nissan is the sh!t!!

Guest qwerty778
I was just doing an across-the-board comparison based on towing, and the Nissan tops at 9500 lbs for ALL models, matched by 1 of the many Ford F150's but the other models run less, and the rest of the truck pack was lower and generally only had the max tow rating in 1 or a few of the models of their line.  Wound end up with the Chevy Silverado at 9000 lb max, the Dodge 1500 at 8750, and the Toyota in the basement at 7100. 

On an amusing note to the American flag waving truck elite, according to my reading, only the Nissan, Ford and Toyota can put an assembled in America tag without an asterik (*).  Dodge splits production with US and Mexican factories, and Chevy splits with Canadian ones.  Not that this is a hit on those countries at all, just a nod to the love the (*).  Kinda like what will one day be in the record books next to Giambi (*), Bonds (*), Canseco (*),...  :rolleyes:

Towing ratings are not completely accurate. For example Toyota issues very conservative towing ratings for their vehicles. I know someone with a new Tundra who can accelerate faster and brake better with a 6,000 lb trailer than his friend in a new Silverado can. Just because some companies issue more or less conservative towing ratings than others doesn't mean that should be a deciding factor when purchasing a vehicle. Aside from this point, who cares if one truck tows 1,000 lbs more than the other.

As for vehicles being produced in the U.S. or elsewhere... WHO cares where it was assembled. It could have been assembled in Zimbabwe for all I care. The important thing is how well it was ENGINEERED. In general, foreign cars and trucks are engineered better and that is why they last longer.

I totally agree with the engineering comment above... BUT have to correct the part about "The important thing is how well it was ENGINEERED". A good design starts with engineering (yes!) but can be totally defeated with inferior manufacturing or even assembly. Anyone who claims otherwise knows not of what they speak. I personally dont care where a vehicle (or toaster oven) was make, as long as it is made well. He!!, made in Zimbabwe wouldn't make me blink as long as I could be confident that it was made well (besides, they could use the $ more than almost anyone else). The collary to that is that "made in the USA" doesn't necessarily imply quality... It once did, but that was in a day gone by. You know, before cutting costs was acceptable for profit margins rather than producing quality products that people would buy without hesitation....

Bernard

hey guys, i finally got my truck. 2005 Nissan titan CC se 5.6l. i love it, i don't want to go away from it. i got it with the rockford folsgate system and boy it kick a$$. but i don't love it as much as i love my mudfinder. here are couple of pics i took, yeah yeah, i know that hot pink dealer plate has to go.

post-1-1112322483.jpg