question about torsion lift

headpeace

FNL, is there any customs break for "gifts" from international relatives? And if so, do they inspect packages? Maybe you could "adopt" one of us as your cousin, then we could send you a birthday gift of new toys. :shrug :D

Edited by Mr. Pickles

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally it stopped raining. I'll try to reindex the passengers side. The driver's side has already been reindexed, I guess 2 splines, the guys who replaced the UCAs and LCAs busshings placed the driver's side torsion bar differently from it was, the adjuster is lower that the other side and the adjuster nuts needed less turns to achieve the same height. Less work for me! :P

Yes, if it's US$ 50 or less and sent from someone other than a company, it is free of taxes.

Oh man, my birthday is only October 6th!  :P

Maybe that's your ticket. If its used springs from a junkyard Jeep here, how are the customs people going to know. Just say a friend sent them to you for free, or you bought them on eBay for $5. Maybe they'd just see some used metal, call it good enough, and send you on your way. Anyways, just trying to help out. I see no issues whatsoever with sidestepping a government or 2. :secret:

Edited by Mr. Pickles

All I need now is to have someone who can receive a roof rack from e-Bay and send it to me! :rolleyes:

I'm going back to the reindex today, last time I couldn't loosen a big nut on the front anchor because I didn't have the right wrench... ;)

• 1 month later...

Hey, I've reindexed and cranked the t-bars, now the UCAs are 1" from the bumpstops.

I've read cranking the t-bars will cause the toe-in effect in the tires, I mean, the top of the tires will be more inside the fenders than the bottom //==\\.

I didn't aligned it yet, but I noticed the opposite: something like a toe-out \\==//.

It wasn't like that before. Could it be caused by the reindex? :confused: