92 Pathfinder code 45.

Porkwagon

Well I've smelled my pathfinder running pretty rich lately, and also have noticed a loss in power especially when shifting into third gear along with a slight hesitation when its cold (only in 3rd for some reason).

CEL popped on during the short drive home and ran the code...code 45. Ive noticed alot of people saying this can be caused by bad 02, how can I test it? The oil smells like fuel also. I dont have the room to work on it right now and I will probably be taking it in tomorrow. Anything I should know before taking it in? Is there a specific injector that they should look at first? Just tryin to go in with as much info as I can, but also dont want to start telling dude how to do his job.

Oil smelling like fuel is a good sign of an injector leak, which matches your code as well. Check your plugs, look for one that's unusually rich or smells of fuel. Hopefully it's 1, 3, or 5 (the ones not covered by the intake manifold). The manifold's not that hard to remove, it just takes more time is all.

And try not to run it like that for too long.