Engine skipping

Hi I have a 97 R50 vg33 and im having some trouble with it skipping. So far i've changed all the o2 sensors, plugs, and a timing belt. It doesn't skip all the time just sometimes at start up and sometimes it will happen randomly while driving. Has anyone had this issue?

By "skipping" do you mean misfiring and running rough? Try cleaning the MAF sensor, and replacing the distributor cap and rotor and spark plug wires, if those haven't ever been replaced. Is the check engine light glowing?

I cleaned the MAF and all the computer reads is a knock sensor being out. The next think I will do is change distributor cap and wires. Also do you think it could be a lifter or valve sticking? The previous owner didn't change the oil regularly either and under the valve covers was pretty sludgy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you change your distributor cap. Look for a metal dust covering everything. Your coil could be grounding out causing a miss fire. But only way to rebuild is pull one from a junk yard. Otherwise have to buy new.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk