Need info for a possible 2005 pathy purchase

k9sar

oK R50 folks, I ran across a white pathy sitting at a local bank that was for sale. Looking at it, there are some issues but nothing that screams "run away, it's a money pit" It's white and there are some spots where the paint peeled (next to windshield, roof over rear door, etc) but nothing major. I should be able to prep and paint that so it isn't really noticeable. My main issue is that I was unable to look at the engine because the hood won't open. I pull the lever under the dash but the hood doesn't jump up at all. I had someone pull the lever while I pulled up on the hood and that didn't work either. I can hear the mechanism click at the latch but it sounds like it slips or is broken so it does not release. Inspection of the front of the hood shows some dents as if someone was pounding on the area above the latch (that's what I would do) while someone else pulls the lever.

Is it possible and how hard is it to get the hood open if the latch release cable fails?

The interior is tan but is FILTHY. It looks like someone used it like a truck and never cleaned it but it doesn't smell of smoke. Lots of filth that you get when you spill something and don't properly clean it up, then it attracts grunge.

Would also like some suggestions as to what to beware of. It is listed in rough condition because of the hood, paint and filth but I don't think that's anything I can't take care of.

The specifics: It's a 2005 with 101,500 miles. Has the tow package, power sunroof, rear AC and bose stereo. Looks like an entertainment system for the rear passengers is in the ceiling but I didn't check completely

Recent work was replacement of the driveshaft due to abnormal vibration. Repair of the TPMS system, ABS system repair and an alignment. Passed inspection in Feb. It was a bank repossession and they are listing it for $5500 which is under the NADA price for rough condition.

I can provide the VIN if anyone is willing to run a check on it for me.

Thanks

Being an 05 I'd be wary of the transmission milkshake with those.

Definitely get the hood open and inspect before buying. Being a repo in that bad of condition. They probably didn't take care of anything else.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Transmission/radiator issue, and timing chain. If it rattles and howls like a mother bear when you start it be prepared to have to fix that with the updated stuff.

Being an 05 I'd be wary of the transmission milkshake with those.

Definitely get the hood open and inspect before buying. Being a repo in that bad of condition. They probably didn't take care of anything else.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kinda hoping that it was taken care of from a service perspective but just that the person was a slob and fell on hard times to have it repo'd. One of the main reasons I'm trying to get a carfax or vehicle history report.