Cruise control issue

djeffrey

Hello everyone. Trying to figure out this cruise control issue. I have a 1991. this is what I have checked,

switches and rubber stops behind clutch and brake with multimeter, checks out.

vacuum line and solenoid holds vacuum.

Cruise control vacuum pump works and all functions operate when I jump the wires manually.

Headlight switch and cruise controls buttons on headlight switch all operate properly confirmed with multimeter.

Speedometer and tach work.

When I press the cruise control rocker switch on the dash I get the green light "cruise cont" but no matter what I do I don't get the "cruise " light. I'm not sure what else to check.

Is there any relays for CC? What is their location?

Is there a computer or control module?

I have read about steering wheel contacts. This wouldn't apply to me right? Because I have a headlight switch mounted buttons?

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Did you check all the fuses in the fuse panel? One of them will kill the cruise, and it isn't even labelled so you wouldn't know. I would just check them all and go from there.

There is a computer module in the rear drivers side you have to take the trim off to get to it.

Thanks for the reply. I just checked all the fuses, they are all good. I'll try to get to that module and stare at it for a while. The relay clicks when I turn on cruise, but try to replace it and see if it works. I see a lot mentioned about the contacts in the steering wheel, that doesn't matter in my case with the headlight switch correct?

So I took my module out of the back, it is different between manual and auto. I beleive there is probably a difference between my 1991 and the 1993+. When trying to use the 1993 FSM to check the module my plug had a different pin out.

Does anyone have an FSM for any older than 1993?

Does anyone have a cruise control from a manual they want to sell?