Cut to fit 32x11.5r15 tires?

I have my eye on a 95 pathy SE. ($500 220k miles, Good deal?) It looks like it has the 15x7 alloy rims, but the tires are looking a bit rough. I would like to put some new ones on it, and I noticed that the stock size was 31x10.5r15, there is a lot of sand here, so I was thinking with some trimming and hammering it would be worth fitting the thicker 32x11.5r15 for better sand and trail driving. During my searching I found quite mixed opinions as to whether this could be made to fit without costing a lot for a lift kit, etc.

Edit: I also have a 12 Xterra that I have 285x75r16s on, that might make it worth while to try and run the same size tire and wheel, but since that is closer to a 33, I'm thinking its not really possible without major mods on the pathy?

Edited by USPatriot556

A lift kit isn't needed to fit 32" wheel for the most part ( external circumference will be the determining factor). I pulled mine off and stepped down to a 31" with stiffer sidewalls since We have a lot of sharp granite and mud around my part of North America so thin sidewalls and lots of volume doesn't help any around here. (Sold those tires last year.) They _may_ buzz for a micro-second at full compression but other than that I had no trouble pulling out of a tiny space in the underground parking at my apartment building at the time. They never touched the fender flares or rubbed on anything else while I drove them around. That's about all I can give you on the 32" tire scene! No cutting or trimming was needed anywhere to get them to fit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm thanks for the info so far.

The more I try to figure it out, the more I want to share tires with the Xterra, it would be cheaper and give me a smidge more ground clearance. (285x75r16) Any ideas what backspacing and trimming would be needed? The fenders are already pretty dented up so I wouldn't lose anything by trimming them.

The bolt pattern of the 2012 xterra is not the same as the pathy.

Yeah, I just mean tires. I could get a new set of tires for the X and take the old ones that still have some life in them and put them on the Pathfinder after I get some 16" wheels.