P0150 02 Sensor Circuit code

Yesterday i did my first ECU scan on my 2000 Pathy 3.3l, and the app throw me the P0150 code...

Reading the repair manual the code is for the Front O2 sensor Bank 2... And the overall funcion check is at EC-200 page...

I found this online tutorial with almost the same steps to diagnose the O2 sensor....

http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/nissan/3.3L/p0130-and-p0150-diagnostic-tests-1

For now I could do the 3rd test... I want to do the 4th test... to test the continuity between the sensor and the PCM...

My question is... How easy or difficult is to access the PCM.?

I will try to tdo the rest of the tests...

Any advice on checking the O2 sensor?

If the sensor is damaged, do I have to change the two front sensors or just change the damaged one?

What brand do I have to buy?

Thanks.

image_zpsiofqmj5z.jpeg

Edited by mickmutante

You would just have to replace the bad sensor. That specific one is a pain to change. But generally a bad sensor is the cause of that code.

I recently had to swap out that sensor after one I put in went bad. I went with ntk... The NGK brand in hopes I don't have it prematurely fail again like the cheap one i bought prior to this. I got mine from Rock auto for $45. They have a lot of choices ranging from 25 to 100 or so.

I finally have the Nissan O2 sensor... It is a Bosh sensor... Anyway...

I will install the sensor next week, but yesterday I did some tests (voltage and continuity) on the two front sensors and they seems to be fine, I erased the error code (P0150) and take the pathy for a ride.... Then I re-scan to verify if the code still, but this time there was no error code, but there is a message that says that there is O2 sensor pending diagnostic...

My question is.... If I change the O2 sensor, will this message disapear..? Or did I make a mistake erasing the trouble code before installing the new sensor?...

Thanks.

Might drive it for a few days to see if it comes back. Are you getting any other signs of a bad sensor other than the code? Running rough/rich or hesitation?

My scan tool is cheaper so i don't see that much feed backwhile scanning. It may need to be driven longer before a code pops again... I don't see anyway that you could have incorrectly reset the code

Edited by Remus92

Yeah. I'd go for the disconnect battery method much easier. You can also disconnect both battery cables and run a small jumper wire between them. You won't need to leave it sit for multiple hours waiting for capacitors to discharge. Just a couple minutes.

You can make a small wire with alligator clips and 16 guage wire. This should also reset the air to fuel mixture tables to the defaults.

Pending diagnostics is fine; probably just the System Readiness process where it's needs to make-ready all the sensors ("monitors"). Resetting the ECU after swapping it in is fine/recommended, and is what triggers the readiness tests. Just wait it out and take it for a few longer drives at cruising speeds.

I tried to reset the ECU with the 1st and 2nd method posted on NicoClub Forum... But the service engine light was only on, it never blinked... So I supose that it did not work out....

I disconnected the battery terminals as Remus92 said... I don 't know if it works....

And I found i other forums that you can reset the air mixture ratio... With this method...

http://nissanhelp.com/diy/pathfinder/projects/nissan_pathfinder_clear_self_learning.php

Has some done this?