1993 Timing Belt Question

Bscan

Hello all looking to find the answer on how to find out if my timing belt is a square tooth or rounded tooth ? I would like to order the parts to be available when i do the work so before i pull the cover off the timing belt.

Next question is what's the best place in Canada to order parts from any suggestions would be great.

This information is correct, about mid 1993* there was another hated, random Nissan change.

*there have been exceptions

Best bet is to loosen one of the top timing belt covers and have a peek. It can be done without harming anything if you are patient and have a tool or two. I believe the LH (US drivers) side is the easier, and flashlight/mirror is highly advised.

As for the best place for Canadian parts, 5 miles from the US border or talk to Rob Lacy (Alkorahil) at the dealership in Texas (yes, Texas). He'll ship you everything you need at the best prices available.

(contact info in the Classifieds section)

B

Partsource sells a TB kit for a decent price, with good quality parts. I got one for my xterra for about 200 dollars. It came with the belt, water pump, tensioner pulley, cam and crank seals, and the water pump gasket (some cheap pumps don't). It was a contitech kit.