Backspacing without Flares

Guest tobwco

Guest tobwco

I have an 88'' and want to put on larger tires other than the stocks on there now. I read all the posts about larger tires and people wanting them wide.

So how wide will a 31x10x15 look w/ 3.5" backspacing. I don't want the real wide look where the tire is sticking way out past the fender. I can put on fender flaring, but don't like the look of overly wide tires.

Any have any advise as to what rim will work with the minimum backspacing? I want a 10" tire, but also want to keep them in as close a possible.

TIA,

tobwco

Guest tobwco

So with a wheel size of -Wheel, Series 84, 15 in. x 8 in., 6 x 5.5 in. Bolt Circle, 3 3/ 4 in. Backspace, and a 31x10x15 I should be good to go?

Down the road I'll probably put on that fender flare that comes in a 25' roll. Cut and attach. Anyone have good luck w/ that or should I puton the more exensive stock stuff?

yeah those wheels and tires should be fine ... and look pretty good too ...

I personally thought that the flares you cut to fit were kinda cheesy ... and the factory flares didn't like the sun at all ... pathy's look great without flares tooo ...

I gotta agree with Matterhorn ~ the cut to fit look like crap, they will warp and look crappier the longer they're on your rig, too. The stock ones can be painted to match your rig with flexible bumper paint or the plastic "fusion" type of paint, doing away with the UV blues... they're a b*tch to ArmorAll, anyways. ;)

Guest tobwco
15 in. x 8 in., 6 x 5.5 in. Bolt Circle, 3 3/ 4 in. Backspace, and a 31x10x15 I should be good to go?

:secret: That's what I have on mine in my sig pic

looks killer, do you have a lift on there? Also, are they factory flares?

Down the road I'll probably put on that fender flare that comes in a 25' roll. Cut and attach. Anyone have good luck w/ that or should I puton the more exensive stock stuff?

Where do you find that stuff? I need some of it.

Guest tobwco

Where do you find that stuff? I need some of it.

JC Whitney sells it. www.jcwhitney.com

Guest tobwco

Was about to order my wheels and remembered I needed lug nuts. Anyone know the size? Should I stay w/ the wheel makers lugs? US Steel from Summit Racing (1.39ea), surprised they don't offer that as an accessory, I had to do a search for the lugs. They don't mention center hub either. Is that an add on too??

When you get them mounted (unless you're doing it yourself =D) you could just tell the tire guys that you need new center caps and lug nuts, caps are caps and lugs are lugs, or as far as I can tell from the tire stores I've been to.

Guest tobwco
When you get them mounted (unless you're doing it yourself =D) you could just tell the tire guys that you need new center caps and lug nuts, caps are caps and lugs are lugs, or as far as I can tell from the tire stores I've been to.

Ok Thanks.

I plan on getting wheels online, as they are about $20ea cheaper than local tire shop. I plan on buying tires from them and have them put them on.

That will be cool to have them put hubs and lugs on; so I don't order the wrong size.