A nice WD21 off road build

hagge

Hi!

Just wanted to show you guys a nice Swedish Off Road WD21 build thread.

35" tires with a LOT of fender cutting.

It has given me a lot of good ideas and inspiration, hopefully you will like it too.

Sorry it's all in Swedish...but lots of nice fabrication pics.

http://www.4x4sweden.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51522

• Like 1

Looks like they know what they are doing... Yeah, I didn't get much mileage out of the dialogue, but the pictures speak as well. ;)

I hope he did a little more front end work than just that idler arm brace though.

B

The WD21 is his low-budget build while finishing up his "Icelandic edition Nissan Patrol"

Why build a Iceland glacier truck here in Sweden, when there are no glaciers you are allowed to drive on??? don't know... but it looks really cool :-)

http://www.4x4sweden.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=38803

Last pictures are from a glacier safari on Iceland, those crazy icelandics...

I like the winch bumper he built. Nice, simple and clean.

I'm a bit suspicious how long his frame in the front will last from his pics. I guess you are allowed to make frame modifications in Sweden since he added a bit it seems to the back.

Yeah, the rust has taken most of these trucks, due to weather conditions and salted winter roads.

Not many WD21 still rolling.

Mine is relatively rust free, but the frame has been repaired several times over the years.

How is the conditions over there? i guess the northern states and Canada has similar conditions as us.

Yes he completely cut out and rebuilt the frame the last meter or so.

Any repairs are ok as long as you pass the annual inspections, which can be a real pain.

For sure temperature wise we are the same. For us its the Salt that is the real killer.

At least for my part of Canada we are not allowed to make any frame modifications. On the up side, if the truck was already plated in the province you don't need to get it inspected.

Unless you use some serious rust proofing any vehicle where I'm from is going to rot out. I had to look for a few years before I found my current truck. The amount of rust proofing under the truck really kept it good. If you care for your vehicles you can still make them last.

Edited by Pav

Or just not drive it in winter like me hahaha. I'm not sure what Ontario's rules are but I did repair the frame on a friends pathy and he took it in for inspection l, they did notice the patch, said it was well done and passed the truck. This was a reputable shop in downtown ottawa as well.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk