wd21 1992 Nissan Pathfinder " ROCKY MOUNTAIN EDITION " ?

FindingAbe

Mi apologies if this topic has already been covered or discussed. I am now the proud 2nd* owner of a 1992 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4 "Rocky Mountain Edition". It is in PERFECT condition. Long story short, I bought it from the original owner and he took care of the truck like a baby. The AC/heater and EVERYTHING works. "even the STOCK radio" (I still have it) Did I mention everything? lol jk for the exception of personal touches I've broken. Its a 5 speed manual and what else can I say..... I also have an extra sunroof cover if anyone need it... Anyways, I've been looking for ANY info on the Rocky Mountain Edition Pathfinders and not much has came up. I saw an article but it was vague and everything else is jeep related. Any special precautions I should look out for or history perhaps? Did I mention that I am the second owner!?!? lol jk Any help is welcomed and appreciated.

IMG_9266_zpsic91av1b.jpg

wd21a%205_zpsnyraicu0.jpg

0C36ED97-011F-4A4C-92D3-EFB5287938AF_zps

wd21a%2010_zps2zaro632.jpg

Edited by FindingAbe
  • Like 2

Nice rig.

Never heard of one, could be a custom stripe job or a dealer job (some dealers like to do that)

Thanks, the other Rocky Mountain Edition Pathfinder wasn't in Cali and was mentioned that it may have been a dealer thing. hmmm... I wonder if my truck is from the same dealership?

:welcome:

Good looking rig.

Is it Dutch? European? because of the license plate...

Also never heard of that special edition, in Europe we had a Freeway edition, just a name given at the time in Germany, could be the same thing.

Welcome to the Club.

I think he is referring to your German plate on the front with Philippines Flag insert ;)

Looks like its in great shape...take care of it...seems like you could use some mud flaps to protect your body and prevent taking out wind-shields of vehicles behind you.

The Safari WD21 came with a little plate by the transfer case that showed you the edition number. Can't recall how many they produced of this edition. There is a member here from Alberta that has one that can chime in to clarify.

The Warren Miller one was just stickers and a ski rack. It also only came with the cloth interior. That one was a pure marketing play to boost sales for '94.

Interesting...

• Like 1

In Canada we had a Safari Edition and Warren Miller Edition that I know of.

That's pretty cool. I know in the Phillippines and in some other countries the Pathfinder is known as a Terrano. Non the less I found a keeper.

• Like 1

In Canada we had a Safari Edition and Warren Miller Edition that I know of.

There was also a trimline (not sure if that's actual what is was called) one. My friend had one and I just saw one at the wreckers this week. It looked like an XE with some special decals that have a little sticker near the tail light with a signature on them.

I had a 95 "special edition" parts truck. It was number 76 of 300 or something.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to the Club.

I think he is referring to your German plate on the front with Philippines Flag insert ;)

Looks like its in great shape...take care of it...seems like you could use some mud flaps to protect your body and prevent taking out wind-shields of vehicles behind you.

:yeahthat: In UE contries all the plates start with a blue strip with a ring of stars and the country's inicial below, just like your pic,

That's pretty cool. I know in the Phillippines and in some other countries the Pathfinder is known as a Terrano. Non the less I found a keeper.

Terrano is for the diesel engines, in Europe and Australia mainly, and Pathfinder for the petrol engines, that's my conclusion...

Both are WD21's :lol:

Awesome rig! Gotta love the WD21's... I have a 91 and love it. I graduated HS in Durango but am now in Cali. I am surprised no one has hit you up for that sun shade..... I am! The only thing my truck is missing ! I will PM you.

Awesome rig! Gotta love the WD21's... I have a 91 and love it. I graduated HS in Durango but am now in Cali. I am surprised no one has hit you up for that sun shade..... I am! The only thing my truck is missing ! I will PM you.

Sure. Actually I replaced my moonroof cover from a 1st generation xterra. It's a direct fit with minimal modification to the plastic screws.

Make sure you stay up to date on your timing belt. Good looking pathy.

Actually I just did that along with the water pump but now the temp always stays on the colder side never near the middle. I guess it's a good thing Edited by FindingAbe
  • Like 1

Actually I just did that along with the water pump but now the temp always stays on the colder side never near the middle. I guess it's a good thing

While you are at it...change the Coolant Temperature Sensor...really inexpensive and you will notice an improvement in performance.