anyone bought this ?

joluma09

Something about the idea of buying a pre-keyed switched from the internet bothers me...

You can buy a kit like this from the dealer, or pull things from a local junkyard...assuming the keys are with the vehicle. Whatcha looking to replace? Busted door cylinder or ignition or both?

Something about the idea of buying a pre-keyed switched from the internet bothers me...

You can buy a kit like this from the dealer, or pull things from a local junkyard...assuming the keys are with the vehicle. Whatcha looking to replace? Busted door cylinder or ignition or both?

looking to replace my ignition switch,but hate the idea of having two different keys.

Does it have a bad ignition lock or are you just trying to replace the actual switch part? The switch you can get separate and it just goes on the back and you keep your key. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search.oap?keyword=ignition+switch&year=1992&make=Nissan&model=Pathfinder&vi=1211937

Understandable. Guess my point is make sure you trust the source because there's nothing that stops someone from copying a key before sending it...and of course, they'll know where you live.

What's the problem with your ignition switch? It's worth mentioning that if you have some sort of bad electrical connection, you can just replace the electrical part of the cylinder. It just screws onto the back. The cylinder part is to unlock the steering column, but it provides a pass-through for the tip of the key to turn the electrical switch...or, at least this is how my 98 Frontier was. If that's the case, you just need a junkyard part from just about any Nissan, and you can keep your keys.

Does it have a bad ignition lock or are you just trying to replace the actual switch part? The switch you can get separate and it just goes on the back and you keep your key. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search.oap?keyword=ignition+switch&year=1992&make=Nissan&model=Pathfinder&vi=1211937

Haha, yep, that!

well im having issues starting the car. everything dealing with ignition has been changed/fixed by previous owner.and only thing that has not been changed is the ignition switch.but i guess you could be right and just need to replace the part you said in previous comment. i turn the key and i hear *clicks from steering colum.