pathfinderado

Hell yah, bowtie running gear just can't be beat!. Plus the iffy front end will maintain stockish appearance. Still up in the air if I should put a 4 link in DA back or keep her on the leafs

The 3.0 is shot. The rest of it is free for the taking. All the stuff for a 5spd conversion. Frame is super solid. Just painted it 3 years ago when I did the BL

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

The 3.0 is shot. The rest of it is free for the taking. All the stuff for a 5spd conversion. Frame is super solid. Just painted it 3 years ago when I did the BL

Located in Whitehorse Yukon Canada

Great thought process!

Years back a few guys and I did an S10 Blazer to a K5 Blazer frame. It was awesome...

Then we put an old Ford Aerostar body on a Bronco frame...it was...ugly but turned heads!

Couple years ago we stretched out a jeep tub and Slammed it on a k5 with a 6 inch lift, 350 th400 and np205. Needed a ladder to get in. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I have pictures somewhere, man...times have changed.

I am still a toys r us kid, but I had to eventually grow up some...

Hahaha

Been a lot of slacking in the finder department!

Right in the middle of a retro modern gmc build

36 inch frame chop 08 Silverado

KIMG0068_zpsx0buhd4r.jpg

08 lh6 5.3 with th400. Homemade standalone harness

KIMG0071_zpslaiqda1x.jpg

55 1300 series sheet metal,97 k1500 step side box

KIMG0078_zps56pun0mw.jpg

Then again I may just sas the finder with dana 60's and plum a vortec 6l with a sm465/np206 combo.

Because I got my hands on a 49 willies cab, hood and grill. So I'm looking at chop top willies rat rod with that Silverado stuff

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Body swap.

Though I love my 88 Pathfinder, not having 4 doors can be more than a bit inconvenient at times.

I was wondering how much work, and what the problem or big issue areas would be, to putting a later 4 door body on 88 frame.

With the 4 cornered coilover, SAS, and engine swap already in/on the 88 frame, which btw is in pretty good shape, the logical way to keep that is to swap a 90-95 body onto the frame. Most of the issues I've seen on Pathy's been sent to the wrecker, or that become driveway "part out" projects, have to do with the frame rusting out. Most of the body's on the "cared for" Pathy's are in pretty good same for a 20 plus year old vehicle. The problem areas are rust in the rocker panel areas, and around the rear wheel wells, but once the body if off the frame, that is easily cut out and repaired, especially of the final coat of paint will be truck bed liner on the lower panels.

I'm also planning (when the 88 body if off the frame) to go over and make any repairs on the frame, and then coat the inside and outside of the frame with a good quality rust protection costing.

The area I don't have a lot of experience is in and around the firewall stuff, and how difficult this will be to separate front fender (which would be retained from the 88). I'm assuming everything from the firewall back (as a unit) is swapped over.

Any feedback or experienced advise with this is appreciated.

So you're saying you want to keep your original fenders and front end? The fenders are end on by numerous plug welds and seam sealer. unplug or cut up the harnesses. I think cc pathfinder has done a similar swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So you're saying you want to keep your original fenders and front end? The fenders are end on by numerous plug welds and seam sealer. unplug or cut up the harnesses. I think cc pathfinder has done a similar swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I don't have to keep the 88's fenders, but I know they are easily bolted onto the wheel well sub frame.

So from what I'm gathering, the wheel well is welded to the main cab, and can or should be swapped as a unit. It looks like a pretty big job, but basically unplug or disconnect the wires/hoses/cables that are attached between the cab and engine/frame (which is the real time consuming part - plus the reattaching after the new cab is back on the 88 frame), and then unbolt the bolts holding the cab to the frame, and lift off?

btw I looked at cc pathfinder profile and he's got a 98, and no mention of a body sway???

Edited by V8path

Do the 2 and 4 doors have the same wheel base? If they do then that cab swap should be a piece of piss.. And if i was going through the trouble of doing the inner fenders i would invest and a spotweld drill takes about 1 1/2 hours to get them off and about 4-5 hours to get them back on and have all the body lines match up.

I kind of ran out of warm snowless weather last season. So in a few weeks here ill pull the finder out of hiding and carve the cab off the frame at the perches and glue the cab perches to the chevy frame. Then a couple weekends of wiring and probably switching to a 4 link in the back ill have the pathfinderado.. So hopefully by july ill be rockin the trails and ashphault. Pics and write up to tag along with it.. Good luck everyone with your projects!