Maxima alternator, e-fan, and hardbody body spacer swap questions

RCWD21

I've been searching for several things so I'll ask them all on one thread as I don't want to revive threads from 2006 lol.

My first question is, I know the hard bodies are factory lifted 1.5 to 2 inches depending on who you ask. If I were to collect enough of the body spacers would that effectively lift the body? I'm looking for a way to get rid of the hot floor in the drivers side.

My second question is both swap questions. The maxima alternator and the maxima e-fans. What year car are the fans from? I read of one guy using a set from an 87 model. What else would I need to pull from the car? I know I need the temp sensor adapter for the radiator hose and the sensor that's in that. What do I do about a fan controller? Can I get that from the maxima? The next part of my question is what year specifically does the alternator need to be from? I'd like something upwards of 100amps in forward thought of me addind trail lights and a second battery sometime around the same time if things go as planned. And just incase I've searched and searched and haven't found anything with conclusive results. Everything I've foundeither doesn't have pics or no specific years and part numbers.

Edited by RCWD21

Never worry about reviving an old thread here at NPORA. Posting in an old, but related thread helps keep all the info in once place, which helps make searches for it easier.

And even if the thread was made in '06, most all have much later recent posts in them ;)

#1 thing... DO NOT STACK BODY SPACERS! Use ONE spacer that is the CORRECT height.

Second, what body spacers are you talking about? All I can imagine is that you are referring to body lift blocks because HB's (D21) do not use add in spacers, the mounts welded to the frame are different than those of a WD21.

Alternator info found here...

how to install a 90 amp alternator

and/or here...

How to install a 110 amp alternator in your Pathy

Fan info: Several topics are available take a[nother] look around, but most people use an aftermarket fan controller, just because they are readily available, fairly inexpensive and easy to install.

It does not matter how old the info is, if it's good, then it's good :togo:

It does not matter how old the info is, if it's good, then it's good :togo:

Yea, we ain't against proper research and using an old thread for good info, that's what they are there for!

And as said DONT STACK SPACERS OR USE HOCKEY PUCKS! A proper 2" or 3" body lift (most people jump on the bigger is better wagon but a 2" is plenty for some as well) is not only safer and correct, but will save you in the long run :aok:

Ahh ok! I wasn't sure about reviving an old thread. Some forums are anal about that and I wasnt sure lol. But speaking of the body spacers, I have a 96 hardbody for parts and was wondering if I can get all the body spacers and a few extra from the junkyard to replace the ones on the pathfinder, would that give me a body lift at all? I just want something to get some extra distance between the floor pan and the y-pipe because my floor was getting really hot until I stuffed extra insulation under the carpet but it only helps ever so much. Thanks for the alternator info guys, As for the fan Ive looked at every single thread I can find specific info. Would a fan set from an 87 maxima be a correct choice? Only asking because the local junkyards are pretty thin most of the time and not too helpful on which vehicles they have :/

Haha guilty as charged but I have yet to read the guide lines until now as most of the rules are just common sense and proper judgement lol :P but obviously that doesn't exist with everyone on these forums. Thanks for the info guys I'd still be scratching my head if not for the help haha

I think for simplicity I'm going to do the 90amp alt upgrade. Do you think that would be enough to charge 2 batteries and supply power for about 400w of lights?