Where to get oil pressure switch connector

R3GGI3

I was changing I out my starter and I broke the plastic connector that goes to the oil pressure switch. I also broke the plastic connector the goes to the starter. I tried looking them up online to replace them, but I haven't had any luck. I just keep finding the oil pressure switch which I intend on replacing while I'm down there.

Does anyone have the part number or know a website to get the connectors? Also does any one have a trick to get out the oil pressure switch? It's a pretty tight space there.041e80eb4151eae7e18f3dbb4e7ae128.jpgce0e433f4e0f9234ece43c95ca49d3df.jpg75ad303dbee3082f1a2bd39ad9302ac1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might try alkorail - He is the local OEM parts dealer.

For what it is worth though, the oil switch wire connector has been missing from mine since I bought the truck - it is just a female spade connector connecting it to the switch. Still works fine.

Might try alkorail - He is the local OEM parts dealer.

For what it is worth though, the oil switch wire connector has been missing from mine since I bought the truck - it is just a female spade connector connecting it to the switch. Still works fine.

So, I really don't have to hook it back, unless I want the oil pressure switch to work? It doesn't have any effect on how the car will start or run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

normal 12 Point socket or 12 point box wrench.
The connector is the same one found on many factory ground leads, distributor "grounds" and temp sending units.
You can also just crimp a female spade on the end of the wire and go with that, It will last longer than the original.

Edited by RedPath88
Post merged from duplicate topic

I would even go as far as add another couple inches length to the same gauge wire so that it is an easy to repair item if it breaks off again, if ever.

Edited by RedPath88
Post merged from duplicate topic

No affect on the but the light may remain on. A simple spade connector will do for all connectors you need to replace, just be sure to shrink-wrap the ends.

No affect on the but the light may remain on. A simple spade connector will do for all connectors you need to replace, just be sure to shrink-wrap the ends.

Up until I installed my headers last week, the oil pressure wire had snapped. No light.

Hooked it back up, and now get a light for the first second or two during the first start of the day, probably due to the oil filter relocation.

Tapatalk strikes again! Please ignore error messages that it gives when posting. Just refresh the Post/Topic view and you will find that your content as been added.

Post 4 & 5 above have been merged into this topic from the duplicate, as noted on each post. Remainder of duplicate topic has been removed.