putting in new speakers on a 00 pathfinder

fearkobe

Hi I'm replacing all the speakers on a 00 pathfinder cause the stock ones are turn and shot. They are clarions. Anyway ordered some pioneers of eBay. My question is I don't want to cut the stock plug off the speaker harness and I was wondering if any stereo shops carry or can get the plug that plugs into the stock speaker wire? Also how can I tell which wire is positive or negative? Thanks

Hi I'm replacing all the speakers on a 00 pathfinder cause the stock ones are turn and shot. They are clarions. Anyway ordered some pioneers of eBay. My question is I don't want to cut the stock plug off the speaker harness and I was wondering if any stereo shops carry or can get the plug that plugs into the stock speaker wire? Also how can I tell which wire is positive or negative? Thanks

What I did was cut the plug off the old speakers I was removing. Then I spliced that on to the wires on the new speakers. After soldering and shrink wrapping, it was a plug n play deal using the factory connector.

Hi

I'm new to here. I usually do as jyeager mentioned. cut then solder and shrink tube them. If you decide to cut the harness then leave about 1.5" of wire on the harness just in case you ever wanna put it back ( I wouldnt but you might). Here are common Nissan colors.

Speaker(s)

RF(+):BROWN

RF(-):BRN/WHI

LF(+):BLU/WHI

LF(-):BLU/YEL

RR(+):BLUE

RR(-):PINK

LR(+):RED

LR(-):GREEN