95 pathy tranny questions

Jimi

Still new to the forums and sucking them up like a sponge. Great peeps and info. Question is I just purchased a 95 pathy with no reverse and after looking into fixing and replacing the auto I'm wondering if I can swap it for a manual. Can this be done easy? as in bolt off/bolt and slight mods? or is it an impossible nightmare? Any info or vid links are greatly appreciated.

Got some advice from another member. Going with an Xterra auto trans I believe. Most I'm seeing say without supercharged option. No clue what that is but is it what I want for my 95 SE?

If you want to look into a manual swap, check out Harbinger's auto to manual thread.

Some Xterras and Frontiers came with a supercharged engine and a beefed up trans. I've kinda lost track of which years of which rigs had better clutches, revised valve bodies, or whatever else different inside but IIRC the best ones did go into the supercharged rigs. The non-supercharged trans should work just fine so long as it's in decent shape.

Anything's is better than the 95 trans. I have the xterra one. It came from a 2002 supercharged. You need the flex plate if you get a sc one. As the torque converter bolt pattern is different. But the rest is plug and play. Might need some longer vent hose but no big deal. You also need the sub harness from your old trans.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk