Is The Engine Shaking The Truck Normal At Idle?

armelius2

to the pont of mild shaking of the antenna, i dont think that is normal

little bit fof shaking is normal

one good check to do is when the motor is cold pop the bonet and try and move, shake the motor. if a engine mount is broken there will be slop there, which you should be able to feel. Obviously there will be some movement, thats the job of a mount, but there shouldnt be alot. otherwise do a visual check on the mounts, looking for deteriorated (sp??) rubber.

how does the engine run normally?

• 3 weeks later...

fakkkkkkkkk dude you got the same issue as me i noted tonight my engine is moving the vehicle and wondering now if my exhaust has been moved due to the shaking causeing the horrid sounding pipe notes like as if it were on 5 -3 cylinders ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE i new i should not have driven over that curb at the speed i did....

armelius2 did you fix your issues with the rumbling of your engine? Was it the mounts? I have similar problems i have not ever changed the pvc valve and i hjave had this daily Pathfinder for now 2 years who knows when it was done b4 hand...

Nope. Mounts not fixed. Don't know how much that would cost me. I looked under the engine and it looked like one mount might be busted, looks kind of cracked inside.

You can probably just clean out your PCV valve rather than replace it. They are fairly cheap though. It's definately something you should do.

I did the motor mounts in my 89 and it wasnt TOO hard. The way we figured it out was push the brakes and give it some gas. If the motor looks like it wants to jump out and run away than its your motor mount. I got mine from DIP (Discount Import Parts) they were not not spendy from there. Everywhere else wanted WAY to much money. If your motor doesnt move like mine did than its like 88 said and something else is loose or its running bad.

Rami