Upper Thermostat Housing Hose replacement

DACrownover

Hello all,
I'm hoping to find some help. I own a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder 3.3L V6. I recently had a hose crack and begin leaking coolant. This hose is a small 90 degree hose located under the distributor and in front of the manifold. Behind the timing belt/housing. It appears to connect to the housing for the thermostat. I can't seem to find the part on any online diagram. Hoping someone has replaced this or knows the part number. It looks like the old hose has "Nissan" 5 X T on it. That's all I can make out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Excellent. I wasn't sure of it's name. I've already located the part. I appreciate your help. This little dude was a pain to get to! I recently had my timing belt replaced and many other hoses, gaskets, water pump, etc. since I had the finder in to have a leaking cam seal. Not sure why they didn't tell me about this hose, would have been much easier to replace at that time. But I'm doing this one myself. Thanks again!

Yea, I changed mine when doing the t-belt. Much easier! It is doable though. I did it on my friends xterra fully assembled. Use some oil or something to make the hose slide on easier.

During a timing belt change is best time to do it, there is no doubt about that. When you do change it try not to let any fluid run down the engine, because it will find the timing belt and coolant is not good for belts.

It might actually be cheaper to take the removed hose to the parts store and have them match it up to another. When I did mine the first time I took it in and the found a short u shaped belt that when cut in half was a perfect match, plus it provided two of them. I set the second half in the garage and used it on my next belt change :aok: