suspension

victor_09

Cheapest way is to crank the T-bars and do a poor-man's rear lift by replacing the springs with those off an 8-cyl jeep grand Cherokee. There's a thread in here somewhere for the spring/lift options. Worth a read. I got almost 3 inches of lift on my 95SE that way but had to reindex my T-bars to get the twist I wanted

No worries! Send Fleurys (on here) a message and get some of his rear spring spacers and then crank the torsion bars to their stops and BOOM! You got a inexpensive lift!

Edited by SpecialWarr

You can do it cheap if you have some mechanical skills. Like what was said above - front coil springs from a V8 Jeep grand Cherokee ZJ (1993-1998) will fit nicely in the rear of your pathfinder and give you the 2" lift you're looking for. The catch is you will need to cut off the pigtails (where the spring reduces in diameter at the end). Hacksaw is the slow way, cutoff disc is the easy way.

The front you can crank the tension on your torsion bars for 2" of lift for free, you need basic hand tools for that. Remember to jack the front of the truck up and adjust the bars without load on them when you raise it.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...