Little help for Newbie.

tbmiller87

Hey, everyone. I just decided to start build up my 97 QX4. I hope I can get it looking and functioning as well as of you have your R50s. Anyway, my AC 2" lift, kyb struts and bilstein shocks came in a couple of days agos and the new MM hubs are on the way. I also have the new rotors and brake pads on stand by because I am wanting to change everything out while I am in their for the lift.

I had a couple of questions that I am sure you can help me with before I start all of the work. First, is the vehicle going to sit level after the lift or should I get a strut spacer? If so, what size is suggested? Second, my struts didnt come with the ruber covers(I dont know what they are called). should I get some of those or would it be fine without it? Third, I want to put some 31X10.5x15 all terrains on it. I will get 3.75" or 4" backspacing on the wheels. I just want some cheep, black steel wheels. Any advice on where to get the wheels and tire the cheapest?

Also, any other advice is greatly appreciated!

Welcome! If your current boot/bumpstops (the rubber parts you are describing) are in decent shape you can reuse them. I would definitely change out the strut mounts and bearings while your in there though. As far as how level, you'll have to wait for others to chime in, as I don't have personal experience with that lift. For wheels you can check out summit racing, they have their 15x8 3.75bs black d-window wheels for under $60/each shipped. Best regards and don't forget to add pics along the way.

You will need a 1" strut spacer added as well if you want to sit level. I just put this same lift on last week and in glad i did the spacer. It is well worth it. A fellow member here makes them his name is steve fluery. His website to the parts is 4x4design.com like i said worth the extra money. Shipping was fast and price is more than fair

I'd see if Steve has a 1/2" front spacer to go with the AC coils .

I have a 1" AC spacer with AC coils and after about 12,000 miles my front end seems a hair higher than the rear .

There may be a small rake at first but once things settle I think it would be just right .

Plus the CV aspect , that 1/2" could make a difference believe it or not .

We're pushing it at 3" in the front , and different brands of CV axles seem to have different tolerances .

Edited by Beatup96

Thank you everyone for all of your input. I really do appreciate all of your help so far.

Today is the day that I'm going to try to put this little. We will see how it goes. If I can figure out how to put pictures on here I will put them up. Any last tips before I start this lift?

When installing the rear coils Theres a clip that holds the brake line and one that holds a breather tube. Disconnect both so you have enough room to squeeze the coils in without stretching. the lines. The rear was easy so i would take the struts to a shop and while they are buildingthem throw the rears in. Hopefully you have a buddy or 2 to help

• 3 weeks later...

The above picture is the vehicle right after I bought it. I tinted the windows and Plasti-dipped the wheels.

IMG_0057.jpg

The next step was to cover up the bad clear coat. I justed used Plasti Dip rattle cans for a quick cover up.

3714A122-64A3-4DA9-B53B-0329E2E05B9F.jpg

Finally this is the R50 after the ac 2" lift. These 245/70/r16 tires wont do it. I need some 31/10.50s

• 1 month later...

The Procomp wheels, BFG A/T 31x10.50s, and Warn Hubs are finally installed! All went on pretty easy. Only need a little trimming on the rear of the fender wells. The Warn Hubs are a must have!!! I should have listened to AKPrecision and put a strut spacer on while I was in there. That will be my next project.

338B3887-2EDC-4F22-B73C-6B588D62F662.jpg

Looks awesome!!! That grill bush guard looks great on the Q. Love how the Infinities have bigger fenders than the Nissans. I really like the colour you picked. Good job, now on o front strut spacers to level it out a bit more.

I like the look as well (minus the nosedive). :aok:

Don't feel bad about having to go back to leveling it. It is pretty hard to nail it the first time as there are a lot of factors and choices...

B